My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, September 21, 2007

We Made It!

Munchkin and I are here in lovely Canada!

The trip was . . . interesting. I forgot that we would have to clear Customs once we crossed the border. Unfortunately, that was during my layover. My very short layover.

Note to self . . . next time I come to Canada, make sure to either a) get a long layover if my first stop is Vancouver, or b) make Edmonton my initial crossing of the border, so I don't have to worry about making my next flight.

Our flight into Vancouver was about 20 minutes late. Our layover was shorter than I thought. I thought initially that qw had a three hour layover. We only had about an hour and a half. Plus, with international flights, they don't automatically ship your luggage to the next flight. You have to get it, and bring it with you to the next boarding area. So, essentially, I had about 40 minutes to clear Customs, get our baggage, clear Customs AGAIN (yes, there's two checkpoints), then go through the whole security checkpoint again, then board the plane. IN-FREAKING-SANE. Oh, and I had no idea I was supposed to bring a note from hubby saying it was okay to bring Munchkin across the border. Oops.

But, we made it.

Dani met us at the airport, and we've just relaxed since then. Other than a slight run-in with a very idiotic Subway sandwich maker (do NOT question me when I tell you what I want, bitch), I have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far.

Munchkin is an absolute dream! She stuck right with me at the airports, and when we needed to rush, she rushed right along beside me. She never complained, and took everything in stride.

Dani is beautiful, naturally. She looks fantastic, and Mr. IT is just as sweet and nice as she's described him on her blog. Wonderful couple.

We're hoping the baby shows up while I'm here. The doctor set her induce-date to October 5th, which is 3 days after we leave. Grrrr. However, she is first in line to be bumped up, if someone else goes into labor without having to be induced.

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Thanks for the update. You need a note from LOWK to travel with the kids? You have got to be kidding me? I think we have gone backward in time. Why would Canada care if your hubby knew, isn't that between you and him. Did they have some reason to suspect you had done something wrong, AMBER ALERT or something. Give our best to Preggo....

September 22, 2007 4:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you and Munchkin made it safely. My prayers for Dani and the birth to come. Ya’ll have fun!

September 22, 2007 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for a safe arrival into Canada!!! I didn't even know you needed a note from your husband to travel with your own child. Wow. I mean... I sort of understand why they ask for it, in case you were in a custody battle and were stealing her away to the Great White North (lol)... but it is a little odd. lol.

Glad Munchkin has been a trooper!

I hope the baby is born while you're there!!! If not, at least you're there to keep Dani busy while she's home from work. haha.

And, P.S. I don't talk so funny. It's because you're in the West. Those Albertan's do have a bit of a funny accent. They also tend to say "hey" instead of the traditional Canadian "eh". Did you notice that one? Or does Dani refrain from all of it?

Enjoy my lovely Country. Get to the giant mall before the baby pops out.

OMG. Maybe she'll go into labour at West Ed. That mall is so damn big it might have a birthing unit - who knows!!!! ;-)

Keep us updated!

~ Stephie

September 23, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Don't think we'll be making any trips to West Ed. Poor Dani had a hard enough time at the little mall. Poor thing. The baby is being stubborn.

And yes - she says "hey", but it's more the way you guys pronounce your o's and ou's that's cute. Almost sounds Minnesotan or Dakotan.

Anything's better than "Surf's up, Dude!"

*snicker/giggle*

September 23, 2007 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. Yes, I don't do that "No Doot Aboot It" thing. lol. I didn't even really believe Canadians did speak that way at all until I met more people from outside of Ontario. As a kid, I always figured that was just a dumb stereotype that wasn't true. LOL.

I think I have the most generic sounding voice ever. LOL. I can put on the accents, but I don't really have one. I do say "eh" but that's not an "accent" thing so much.

Glad you noticed the "hey" thing. I first noticed that when I went to that wedding in Mexico, the bride's family was all from Alberta and the groom's was all from the Toronto, Ontario area... and it was like, wild to see the "eh"-"hey" battle. LOL.

September 23, 2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

It's funny, but I didn't notice they were saying "hey" until you mentioned it. LOL. But with Dani and Mr. IT, it's more of a hybrid between the two. It's adorable, actually.

Still no baby. Had a dream last night she went into labor, but I woke up, and no labor. :-(

I keep hoping it will happen when I'm here. If not, well then at least I came, and we're trying to make things easier for her. Don't know if we're succeeding, but it's not for lack of trying.

September 24, 2007 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home