My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Camping

Well, we went camping this weekend. It wasn't as much fun as I had hoped. The lake was SOOO far down, it made the swimming area pretty much a mud pit. Plus, there were these college kids who thought that they owned the campground. Very rude. I mean, I'm all for college kids having fun, but I draw the line when they puke in the bathroom sink, then again right outside the bathroom door, and they don't clean it up. YUK! Disgusting. Not to mention the fact that the wasps and yellow jackets were in abundant supply. And seriously, I'm a total wuss when it comes to those buggers. Yikes!

That's not to say that it wasn't completely gorgeous in the hills, and that I adore my husband for doing all the work, and making sure I got to rest and relax. He's such a sweetie!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shanshu said...

I gotta say...that does NOT sound like a fun camping trip. Camping has never really been my thing, anwyay.

I prefer the beach.

August 14, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Well, that's a nice husband you have there! Kudos!

August 14, 2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I LOVE camping. Sounds like you guys needed to be in a higher elevation to avoid all those bugs. As for the disgusting college brats, I don't know of anywhere you can go to avoid that. Yuck.

August 14, 2007 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i get older, the more stars i want for my hotel accommodations... tho affording it is another thing. :P

trix. :)

August 14, 2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So that you enjoyed what you could of the natural world. Swimming in mud might even be fun, although I never tried it.

The last camping I did was alone along the side of the road in west Texas. I was going to pitch my tent and sleep on the desert floor. Then I thought better of it and set up my sleeping bag in the back of my Honda CRV.

August 14, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Did you and LOWK mud wrestle?

August 20, 2007 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home