My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Decision

Yes, I went to the interview.

I most likely have the job. They just have to run a reference check, and check my personnel file. Which reminds me - I should probably go look at the file before they have a chance to . . . just in case.

I told my current boss after I came back from the interview. I didn't tell her that it was definately because of Miss Bitca. I just told her I felt it was time for a change, and that the advancement opportunities at the other agency seemed better. And, really, they very well could be. The atmosphere was very nice when I went in, and the ladies I had the interview with seemed exceptionally nice.

Is not wearing shoes worth the change in jobs? I'm not sure. And, really, it's not solely about the shoes. It's more about Miss Bitca's attitude about it. Like I said in my last post - if she had approached me differently, I would have had a completely different reaction (AND, more respect for her). Instead, she decided to get unnecessarily snotty. I can't hang with that. I know me - sooner or later, I'll do or say something completely inappropriate, and I'll be the one who's fired because of it. I don't need that shit. She's not worth it.

Plus, since this is a government agency, and the employees are fiercely protected by the union, there's no way they can do anything about her, other than keep telling her to lighten up. If she gets her work done, who cares if she has a bad attitude and people cannot stand to work with her? She's being protected by the same regulations that made me want to work for the State. It's damned difficult to fire a civil servant.

So, I'll most likely be leaving (barring any issues). Am I upset? A little. But, it's time.

Onward and upward.

3 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

OK lets get to the point...You will do well where ever you go. BUT you are always going to have B------ to deal with. Just did not want you leaving a job you like. But you will adjust quickly. Be happy! Wishing you the best...

June 29, 2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I sure hope you made sure your new job knows about your "no shoe" fetish. I'd hate for this to start all over again.

And I would have done the same thing. I just have no patience for uptight, self-involved losers.

July 02, 2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

It's true about go'ment jobs...you practically have to kill someone in order to get fired. NEVER AGAIN.

Good luck to you, sister. Sometimes it really IS time to move on. I sure wish a certain person would do that in OUR office. Especially since she started dating one of the temp techs.

Now show me your toes.

July 02, 2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home