My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, May 07, 2007

It fucking pours . . .

Okay - so we got over Hubby's drama.

We got over Munchkin's drama (after another visit to the doc's office, a few immunization shots, then a fever of 101.5, natch).

The weekend was lovely. I did pracitally nothing. Kidlet had her school band concert on Friday (they have progressed over the school year). Saturday and Sunday, I vegged. Hubby took the kids out shopping both days. I had some alone time in the house (which I treasure). Kidlet made a cake on Sunday. We watched some good movies. Just relaxed.

Then came today.

Got to work - no problem. Went to the doctor. Not too much of a problem, except the nurse couldn't seem to find my blood pressure. (Doc took it later - 122/80 - good as gold) Got two prescriptions. Coolness. Came back to work to pick up a co-worker so we could go to Costco to pick up a bouquet of flowers for a wonderful lady I work with who's grandmother died.

While at Costco, I realized that we would need a vase. Costco doesn't sell vases. Okay - so I dropped the coworker off with the flowers back at work, and headed over to the nearby Target for a vase.

That's when my problem started.

I stopped for a red light. Light turned green. I put my car into first when I heard and felt a very ugly crunching sound coming from my gearshift. I tried to put my car into another gear, and all the shifter did was wobble around in it's little boxy thing. At least my car was in gear, so I hobbled it over to the nearest parking lot, and called the insurance company for a tow.


I have absolutely no idea how much this is going to cost me. It's at the dealership now (read: $100 just to look at it), and I've rented possibly the ugliest car known to man - a Chevy Aveo. Who in their right mind designed this piece of crap car???





I get it going down the road, and realize I can't figure out how to put it in park. It has some sort of weird design on the automatic shift. I called the rental car agency, and they told me that once I get it into neutral, I have to push the stupid shifter down, then put it in park. Well, it would have been nice to know before I left the dealership..

So, I get to Target (finally) to get the vase and a card. I go to lock the door, and the damned thing won't lock! So, I call the rental agency AGAIN and tell them the door won't lock. They tell me it's manual, and to push it down. Well, DUH! I can figure that much out about a car. I told them I already tried that, and it don't work. They tell me to bring it on back. When I get back to the agency, the nice lady there tells me it's a safety feature so people won't lock their keys in the car, and I have to lock it from the outside with a key.

Again, it would have been nice to know BEFORE I left the damned rental car place.

By the time I got back to work, essentially, it was time to go home.

Happy fucking birthday to me.

7 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND I REALLY MEAN IT...

May 08, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

AW SHIT! All this on your BIRTHDAY?

Why don't people just give up information about stuff these days? UGH It's so tough to get good help these days.

Happy birthday, girl! Seriously! Hope you at least got some cake. Or sump'n sump'n! LOL

May 09, 2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger Kal said...

An Aveo... Snarf snarf. You poor thing.

Happy freaking birthday indeed.

May 11, 2007 6:02 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Missing all of work is not the worst thing in the world. :)

Seriously, I hope your car is not so bad off, and have a great Birthday!

May 25, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

TIME TO MAKE A POST AND COME OUT OF HIDING...

May 28, 2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Is it still pouring over there? LOL

May 30, 2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Is it done pouring? You've been tagged. Read the rules on my blog.

May 31, 2007 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home