My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Excellent Quote

I love John Mellencamp . . .

(on what inspired him to write 'Our Country')



It was just kind of trying to be open minded about this country. You know, "There's room enough here for science to live/There's enough room for religion to live." It's a big place. There's enough room for a lot of ideas. There are too many people getting in the way of having a nice world by saying, "Oh, I can't do that. I can't have my kid in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance. I can't have my kid in a school that can't pray. I can't have my kid in a school that doesn't teach creation."Isn't our brain big enough to take in all this information and then let the individual make a decision about what the individual believes? If you hide information from people, don't want people to see the Ten Commandments or don't want people to hear about Darwin, aren't we hiding things that we know from our future generations? I just think that that's incorrect. That's not the America that I believe in.



7 Comments:

Blogger Lady K said...

Can I get an AMEN over here?!

I have a plant on my deskat work that's called a "prayer plant." It's also known as a "ten commandments plant." It's really really cool looking, but once I found out what it was, I made damn sure I knew how to feed it.

You're the best, hon.

March 16, 2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll add another "amen." Truly!

March 16, 2007 11:14 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

John Mellon Who? FYI Callie Mo is on the mend. Jake will be operated on Tuesday for his knee...Not fun for a ten year old... I will try to keep the blog uploaded with all the info..before and after.

March 18, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I'm not a fan of his music, but I loved that quote.

:)

March 19, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

You haven't visited lately...I have not made reservations yet...

March 22, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

People think for themselves?

No.

March 23, 2007 2:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think the problem is the court systems telling people what to do, epsecially when they are making it up as they go.

March 24, 2007 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home