My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy birthday Baby Girl

Well, today is Munchkin's 5th birthday.

So hard to believe that, five years ago today, I woke up the mother of one child, and went to bed the mother of two.

I had a whole post about what hubby and I went through that day, but Blogger has seen fit to eat it, and I couldn't get it back.

Let's just post the best line from the whole eaten post:

I was a red-faced, watermelon shaped woman who sounded like she had Teret's Syndrome.

Gotta love labor and delivery stories.

Without further ado, here is my beautiful child.

Happy Birthday, Baby.

9 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Happy Birthday! Now go and thank Mom for overcoming Teret's. Cussed like a sailor huh? It was worth it all...
Reminds me of Shakespeare's Lady McBeth: OUT DAMN SPOT!

January 29, 2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

aw,she's gorgeous!

January 29, 2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Munchkin!

I am so sorry that Blogger ate your post! I would have enjoyed reading the story.

January 29, 2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Kal said...

Happy Birthday to munchkin.

Gosh they're so cute when they're young.

Then they turn 12 and you want to drown them in the tub...

January 30, 2007 2:40 AM  
Blogger JR said...

What an amazing little girl! Happy Birthday!

January 30, 2007 5:04 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

She's adorable! Happy birthday!

January 30, 2007 5:41 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Kal - I would say that age is closer to 11 . . .

Nick - After re-thinking the whole story, let's just say that I prefer having friends than posting that story. LOL.

Mystic - Yes, I cussed. I cussed and cursed, and accused the nurses of being in on some sort of conspiracy to make all deliveries natural when they didn't give me my epidural. Let's just say that I am NOT a nice person when I'm in pain.

:-D

January 30, 2007 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still remember how mad you got at me for jinxing you for being pregnant *again*....5yrs + 9months ago...

*lmao*

trix. :P

February 06, 2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

She is a beauty!

February 16, 2007 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home