My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Do these people have stylists?

I'm sure most of you have seen all the red carpet pics from the Academy Awards. They're all over the internet. Well, here's my version of the worst dressed/what were they thinking?


Oh, Elizabeth? How long ago was it when you were voted best dressed? That would be 1996, when you were nominated for best actress, I believe. How times have changed. You went from luminous to frumpy in 11 years. Next year, remember that it's the Oscars. That means evening gown. This isn't a funeral, for goodness sake!




















Poor Jodie Foster. She may be one of the most illusive women in show business. This dress explains why. What in the hell is she hiding under there? It looks like she's about ready to fall on her face at any moment.













Kate is usually a vision of beauty. However, this poor choice of gown just makes her look green. Seriously. Her skin, her hair, even her husband. Love the style of the dress, though. Next time, Katie, same dress - different color. And maybe let down your hair.

















Who told one of the hottest women in America that frizzy hair and pepto bismal color would be a fashion DO? Cuz, they were seriously WRONG.
















There are just no words for this. Are those supposed to be feathers? I just don't know what to think. Penelope - next time, ask Salma for fashion advise. Please.























Beyonce - I know you're known for your curves. But seriously, 3 words. Control Top Pantyhose. They hide a myriad of evil little bulges. Believe me. I know.





















If I were Naomi Watts, I would be anywhere on the red carpet EXCEPT next to the vision of beauty and style that is Nicole Kidman. Except for that whole bow thing attacking her back, there is absolutely nothing Nicole Kidman did wrong. Her hair, her makeup, the color of her dress, the style of her dress - all PERFECT. Naomi, however, needs a few tips. First - yellow is NOT her color. Second, boobs do not stay up by themselves. Third, that sash just accentuates the fact that all things are subject to gravity. And finally, the shawl would be much better suited up on her shoulders. It might have given everything a bit of a visual "lift" if you catch my meaning. But down around the elbows again calls attention to the dragging nature.









Leo, I know you're an artiste. You care about the roles you play. You're a consumate performer. But, please. Shave. No amount of facial hair is going to hide the fact that you have the babiest of baby faces. And it just looks silly.























And finally, we have music's (once) golden couple. Does J-Lo not cook? I mean, seriously. Marc Antony is a freaking skeleton. And she wore that dress because he chose it. So, in addition to being a flesh covered skeleton, he has bad fashion sense. This dress will only fuel rumors that Jenny is expecting. She looks like she has a huge belly under all that material. And I'm not sure exactly what she was going for with the hairstyle, either. With a different dress, it may have worked. But with the washed out Grecian look she's trying to go for, the 60's helmut hair doesn't exactly work.

11 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I did not get to see the Oscars and didn't miss it either. I did my guy thing...I was asleep. But come on Callie, don't be so tough on these women...they have only so much money to spend on these duds...oh that's right, everything is given to them...they look like trash then...FRY BABIES...

February 27, 2007 3:21 AM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Penelope has the ugliest dress I have ever seen. Well maybe not ever, but it is the worst for today.

February 27, 2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you crack me up! you're right on on all of these dresses. seems like a lot of these women are going for that "queen" look... soooo not working!

Penelope is dying to be the spokes person for the feather duster company. come drag around my kitchen floor, you may pickup a dust bunny or two.

and Naomi is preggo.... but everything is getting bigger & sagging... the black band does not help.

Nicole's attack of the choker bow maybe hiding a giant size hickie from Keith. lmao!

trix. :)

February 28, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Trix - you crack me up!!!!

Yeah - I could use Penelope around my kitchen. I've been lazy the last week or two, and I'm sure the feather duster dress could help.

Hickey from Keith?? Man - I'd be showing that sucker off!!! Literally. *snicker*

March 01, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I NEVER PICTURED YOU AS THE NECK SUCKING KIND OF GAL....

March 01, 2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

OMG Jessica Biehl looked...awful. I totally would NOT sleep with her now.

NONONONONO just kidding, I take it back. That doesn't count. I didn't say that.

I'd do her.

March 01, 2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger Kal said...

...ouch...

I'd do Shanshu just to get to to Jessica...

March 03, 2007 3:07 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I think Kate should just send ME that dress, it's my color!! lol. i have to agree with you on these

March 06, 2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

LMAO Great job! That totally cracked me up!

March 07, 2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

TIME TO VISIT ONCE MORE...

March 10, 2007 2:52 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nicole Kidman...sigh.

March 24, 2007 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home