My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, May 04, 2007

When it rains . . .

I'm just having one of those sucky weeks.

First, we had Hubby's tire blow out, and I had to come to the rescue.

Then, Munchkin's pink eye. Poor baby.

That was Tuesday.

Wednesday, I'm on my way to my doctor appointment (that I had to reschedule from Tuesday to go rescue the family), when Hubby calls me. His truck is overheating.

Great. I asked him if he wanted me to cancel my appointment AGAIN to come get him. No, he says, just go to the appointment, and he'll figure something out.

He limped the truck home, and found that there was a heater hose that was leaking which probably caused the overheat. He replaced it. However, we were both worried that - if that wasn't the real problem - what then? He was aggrivated because this truck was nickle and diming him to death. Personally, I was about ready to take a can of gasoline and a book of matches to the damned thing. It was pissing me off.

He asked what to do. I told him to call into work and tell them he wasn't coming in today. As soon as I got off work, we got him a new car.

2007 Chevy HHR. Red.

He loves it.

Now, we have not only the new cell phone bill, but a new car payment.

Ugh.

We've been lucky the past few years - no car payment, no cell phone payment. Now, in two days, we've managed to get both. Wah.

But, his new car IS pretty, and he seems to love it. And I don't feel the pressing need to find an explosives expert to destroy the damned thing - so it's all good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady K said...

UGH! Bad luck sucks! Hopefully this is the last of it, right?

May 04, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Kal said...

Bad things happen in threes, right?

Be on the lookout for falling asteroids.

You don't want a new house payment.

May 04, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

ISN'T LIFE GRAND? IT'S LIKE AN OLD KEYSTONE COPS MOVIE...

May 04, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Yeah, car payments suck, but at least you've got something reliable now.

May 07, 2007 5:39 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Just stopped by to see how your luck's holding up! Hope it's getting better...

May 07, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Getting stuck with a new truck is not so bad. :)

May 25, 2007 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home