My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Work Rant

Normally, I try to keep work separate from my blog. Wouldn't want to be dooced, or anything like that. But today, the bitch pissed me off.

We have a fairly new lady working for us. I'm sure you know the type - never happy. Ever. She could win the freaking lottery, and she'd be mad. She always has to find fault with something.

For the most part, I try to either avoid her, or be cordial when I have to be.

This morning, I was looking for a fax, and I noticed that there was one for her. She sits right across from the mail/fax room, so I just grabbed it, and walked it over to her.

Following is the exchange between us.

Me: Here's a fax for you.
Her: (looking at me with disdain, and not reaching for the fax) ..
Me: This IS for you, isn't it? It has your name on it. (As I'm inching it closer to her face)
Her: (sighs) Yes, it's mine. In the future, could you please wear shoes?

Now, that last line wasn't a nice request. Oh, no. It was just dripping with scorn and contempt. And as she took her fax, it was as if she didn't want to touch something that I was handling. Like I would step all over it, and get my dirty-feet cooties on it, or something.

And if you think about it - my feet are SO much cleaner than the bottoms of people's shoes. I mean, I clean my feet once or twice a day. How many times to people clean the bottoms of their shoes? Hmmmm????

Bitch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

"In the future could you please be nice?" - LOL.

June 06, 2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Ignore Chris...what you need here is some creative aggression. In the future just take her FAX and throw it in the shit can. Then you can leave your old shoes all over the office and a couple pair of panty house hanging in the ladies room. Paint your feet to look like shoes...you get the idea. have fun

June 06, 2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

That woman clearly has issues. Maybe she's jealous of your feet because hers are hideous.

I hate wearing shoes. I do like shopping for them, though.

June 06, 2007 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home