My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

What do I want to say?

Not much, as it turns out.

I finally booked my and Munchkin's flight to Canada to visit Dani. Yay! We leave on September 20, and return on October 2. I truly cannot wait. We ordered our passports a few weeks ago. They should be here by the middle of August.

I just wish that I could go NOW. Now that it's set, I am eager to go. I've never been out of the country, and even though it's only Canada (lol), I'm so excited!

Everything seems to have calmed down here (at least in MY life). Hubby loves his new HHR. I paid over $600 to have my little Neon fixed, but it's running . . . as well as it was running before. Don't get me wrong - I love my little car. It's just - when things go wonky, they only go wonky for me. I tell a mechanic, and since they can't reproduce the problem, they can't fix it. I'll be driving, then my car seems to surge, then almost die, then recover, and be completely normal again. It only does it every few days, so no one can get it to do what it does for me. However, since it actually keeps on going . . . I'm just going to let it go for now. Until it does it all the time, then I don't feel like spending hundreds of dollars to have a mechanic investigate it.

Work is busy - kinda crazy - but I'm having fun. Actually, I put in an application for another agency. I feel awful about doing it, too. I only did it because the lady who asked if I was interested was my former boss, and I have a great deal of respect for her. She's so smart when it comes to contracts. I'm dreading having to do the interview. I mean - I loved working with her. It's just . . . they think I'm so good where I work. I'm terrified of going to a new place, and having them realize that I'm really only faking it. I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing.

Added to that, my oldest and dearest friend in the world is getting divorced. Not that it's a huge surprise. I mean - this is her fourth marriage. And there were HUGE signs. But I feel awful for her. She really thought this was THE ONE. He's certainly the one she's been with the longest. But - he's been unfaithful to her. So, she's trying desperately to find a place that's close to her work. She found one, I'm assuming. She called yesterday to ask if I would co-sign for her lease.

I couldn't do it.

I feel absolutely awful about it.

But I just can't.

Does that make me an awful friend?

She's as close to me as any sibling would or could be. I love her. But - I just can't risk co-signing on anything. Not that I think she'll flake. It's just that, with the impending divorce, and the very real possiblility that her asshole soon-to-be-ex may be asking for alimony, or child support (if he gets the kids, which I doubt, but you never know), I just can't take the chance that she'll be able to make her commitments.

But saying no felt like digging my own grave. It hurt my heart to do that.

In happier news, if any of my two or three readers haven't been to Joefish's or Latte Dah's blogs, head on over there, and wish them well. They got married over the weekend, and there are pictures on both blogs. They both look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!. Congrats to Joe and Barb!!!!!

I had my final parent teacher conference yesterday for Munchkin. I am very proud to say that the teacher reported not only has she exceeded the Preschool fundamentals, she's pretty much already at Kindergarten-ready-for-first-grade level. She excels in all facets - learning, inter-personal, empathetic, social - everything. My baby's a frickin GENIUS!

Until she gets home, natch. Then she's just a brat. But, I hear that's normal. :-D

Kidlet is uber-excited that school is almost out. As much as Munchkin loves school, Kidlet hates it. Kidlet is much more artistic than I ever was, or ever could be. She's doing wonderfully in band, and to see her drawings, it's hard to believe they were drawn by an 11 year old. She's so gifted. I have sworn to myself that this summer, I am going to find her a real art class, and just let her go. She loves it so much. I have never seen a more sensitive, caring child than that kid.

Unless it's regarding her sister. But, that's another matter entirely.

I think this post has gone on long enough.

Until next time!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

A Fricken MONTH and no news...I'm PISSED!
I'm happy that the kids are doing well especially in school.
Go for the new job..you are capable and your old boss knows it otherwise she would have told you not to even try. You are too hard on yourself in the work arena.
YOU ARE GETTING TO VISIT DANI...give her my best (ANOTHER LATE BLOGGER).
Never been out of the country?? Dang women, I'm hardly ever in the country. I spent 11 years out of the country...Going out of it again 16 June...BAHAMAS..
Mo is recovering from her knee replacement and I'm all healed from mine...Mo has other items we need to get checked..keep her in your prayers. She is kinda like your car. She needs some minor repair work. Vroom Vroom!
ABOUT YOUR CAR...peddle faster...
or borrow LOWK's...
DIVORCES...sorry but there is a lot of that going around...CRAP you need to Blog more, trying to answer all this at once sucks..

June 01, 2007 6:10 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I had a good friend ask me to co-sign for a car once. I HAD to say no, and it broke my heart. Sometimes you just need to look out for yourself, and trust your instincts. Good for you for not caving.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and yours!

And, as a reminder, I tagged you. My blog proves it. :-D

June 01, 2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger Motherdear said...

Not a bad friend at all. You're just telling her you want her in your life forever. The best way to lose a friend is to loan him or her money. Always, always comes between you, somehow.

Of course your baby is genius, darlin'! Look at her gene pool!!

June 01, 2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, you’re not a “awful friend.” I’m out about $30,000 that I could really use by being a “good” (read unrealistic) friend.

June 02, 2007 3:25 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't let the psych you out. The truth is we are all faking it.

You totally did the right thing by not co-signing. Never do this unless you are totally comfortable paying it yourself. Give her cash, let her stay at your house, but never, ever co-sign, even for your identical twin.

June 06, 2007 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home