My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Job

I started my new job this week.

Even though I'm still doing the same type of work, this place is SOOOOOO much different than my old job. Not in a bad way. Just less structured. I'm not used to it yet. I'm used to a policy department that works with the legal department to make standardized boilerplates that are used for all contracts. Here, the analyst decides which clauses to use, and when, and (to the best of my knowledge) there are no checks before it goes out to bid. Very odd. But, the gals are super nice, and fun. Hopefully, this will be a good learning experience.

And, since the great state of California doesn't have a budget, because the legislators can't seem to get their heads out of their collective asses, I really don't have much to do, other than read manuals.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


BUT - we're going camping this weekend! Woot! Can't wait.

5 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Tell that JARHEAD not to set the woods on fire...

August 08, 2007 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job, I hope you have a good time there! :-)

No shoes for the win! haha. :-)

August 09, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Thanks Stephie!!!

They don't even blink when I run around barefoot. At least, they haven't yet.

Mystic - I'll make sure to pass along the info . . .

August 09, 2007 9:13 AM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I think the best part about your new job is that you can watch YouTube videos while at work.

That means you can watch the videos I post as much as you want! Isn't that exciting?

Congrats on the new job! Hope it works out for you.

August 10, 2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun camping!

August 10, 2007 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home