My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, September 07, 2007

In Two Weeks . . .

I'll be in Canada!!!!

I haven't even started packing. It's insane. I keep thinking that maybe I should pack early, in case I get a call from Dani telling me she's in labor.

Yikes!

So much to do - get Munchkin's homework for when she's away, pack for both of us, call the airline, and make sure I know what the heck I'm doing, print out reservations to take with me, buy groceries for hubby and Kidlet, so they don't starve.

I've never been away from my husband and children for anything longer than a day. I know, I'll still have Munchkin with me, but this is going to feel so weird. I have a feeling my cell phone bill is going to be ginormous this month.

:-D

Okay - for all of you who've travelled, what can I not forget?


Edited to add: I have a new link on the sidebar - go visit Cathouse Teri, everyone!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Health cards, birth certificates, passports, etc.

2. Some Canadian money, eh?

3. A slight variety of clothing - late September can do anything weather-wise. It might be warm or it could freeze. lol.

4. Your toothbrush and deoderant. Both are important and often get forgotten. Luckily, you can always purchase that here if you need to - but try not to forget. haha. ;-)

Honestly, you're just coming to Edmonton, Alberta. It's a normal city with normal stores and normal life, haha. You'll be fine packing-wise. :) How long are you staying for?

I'm so excited for you!!!

Make sure to email me at s.m.greer@hotmail.com when she has the baby!!! I'll want details!

September 07, 2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Go to the West Edmonton Mall.

Run, don't walk, to WestEd. Seriously. Look it up online if you haven't heard of it (but I'm sure Dani has told you).

September 07, 2007 9:55 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

I've heard about the mall. Would love to see it. However, I'm not too sure Dani will be in a "shopping" mood when I visit. *giggle*

September 07, 2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, start packing now. I wait until the last second and thus create problems that need not be.

September 07, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

You will have time to shop..It's Genetic...

September 09, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

How cute! Thanks for the shout out!

ID, docs and meds. Only things you CANNOT forget. Everything else can be replaced easily.

September 09, 2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I travel a LOT. I mean a LOT. Here's me when the travel date approacheth. Someone asks, "Are you packed and ready for your trip?" I say, "Is it five minutes before I leave yet?"

September 09, 2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home