My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Three Days and Counting . . .

I leave for Canada on Thursday. So, maybe that's only 2 days. Well, two and a half days, at any rate.

I finally started packing last night. Man, do I pack alot of stuff. Anyway, I'll start on Munchkin's suitcase tonight. For the trip, I got her crayons, colored pencils, markers, a pad of colored construction paper, a coloring book, and a cheapie little hand-held computer game with 5 Disney Princess games on it (the kind with awful graphics, you can't tell what's going on, you can't turn down the volume, etc). Plus, we'll be taking two card games, and some books. Hopefully, that will keep her attention for most of the trip.

And, naturally, just in time for my trip, I've sprained my ankle.

Yes, folks, clumsy Calamity has struck again. *sigh*

Friday, as I was attempting to cross the street to get to work, my foot slipped off the curb, and down I went. Right into the street. I was barely able to walk most of the weekend. My ankle swelled up like I had an ostrich egg underneath my skin. Grrrrrr. But, it seems to be getting better. I still have issues with stairs, but my walking has gone back to almost normal. Hopefully, by Thursday, I'll be okay for the long walks across airport terminals.

Now, I must get back to work. Bleh. Too much to do, and only 2 days to get it done.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to make Dani go into labour while I was chatting with her on MSN, you know... so that *I'd* be the one who was with her when she went into labour instead of you... but alas, no baby came. lol.

You're going to have a great trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it! I am jealous! :-) I think you made some smart choices about stuff to bring on the plane for your little one.

September 18, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I hope you have a fun trip! Sucks about the ankle, though. I hope it gets better before you leave!

September 18, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Stephie - if I ever see you, I'm gonna spank you!

Don't try to get her to go into labor without me! Geez! Some people. sheesh.

LMAO!

September 18, 2007 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPANK ME!?

Be careful. Some people have dirty minds, you know. LOL.

And to turn it into the NOT dirty one... I might have to call Kids Help Phone on you if you spank me. LOL. Um... do they accept calls from 22 year olds?

Oooh.. the dumb word verifcication thingy on here is making me type in "jyofrhp"... which my mind has twisted to read "Joy for HP"...Harry Potter. That is spooooky, what with your love of HP (and my love of HP also, of course).

I need sleep. LOL. Twoooo days! (Practially one!) Remember: s.m.greer@hotmail.com. I will need immediate email!!

September 18, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Times moves so fast! It seems like it was just yesterday that you informed us of the trip. Have a good and safe one, Callie!

September 19, 2007 5:30 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Hope you are not flying Continental, as they throw little kids off of planes for talking. So pass it around...CONTINENTAL is not kid or family friendly. Fly the unfriendly skies with Continental. Please be careful you don't trip as you enter the plane.

September 19, 2007 5:32 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Shoot, you're leaving today, sorry I missed you! Hope you have a GREAT trip. Be safe!!!!!

September 20, 2007 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home