My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

We got into the Christmas thing a little late this year. What with furloughs and employment issues, we just always seemed to be running behind.

Well, we finally got our Christmas tree last week, and decorated it up on Thursday. One week before Christmas Eve is the latest we've done it EVER. Then it sat there for five days without presents. It looked so pathetic! It wasn't that we hadn't bought any - I just hand't gotten off my derriere to wrap anything.

All that changed yesterday. I stayed home and did nothing but wrap and bake ALL DAY LONG. Our tree is now full of presents, and we are sufficiently goodied up. Let me see - I made nutty gooey bars, apple filled oatmeal bars, caramel oatmeal chewies, and peppermint bark. Kidlet made "Pink Peppermint Cupcakes" (homemade frosting supplied by mom, natrually). And Munchkin had a blast with the wooden mallet beating the peppermint candies to dust for both the bark and the cupcakes. Then the family got together last night and made goody baskets for my coworkers and our neighbors. By this evening, all the goodies will be delivered.

Now, all we have to do is make sure we have some goodies set aside for the Big Man's arrival on Christmas Eve!

If I don't post again beforehand, I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mocha Dad said...

I love Christmas time. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

December 22, 2009 11:16 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

You, too! Thanks for stopping by!!!

December 22, 2009 3:17 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time preparing for Christmas in sunny Callifornia. I was up to my butt in snow until a day or so ago. Worst Blizzard in over a hundred years they say. I have a knack for planning trips into active volcanos, typhoons, hurricans, blizzards, tsunamies, and any other type natural disaster you can think of...but I always have a wonderful time. May your Christmas be blessed with True Joy and Happiness.

December 23, 2009 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Seraphine said...

yummm. all your baking sounds so delicious. and i'm a cupcake phreak anyway.
i'm happy you worked some magic on your family. it sounds like you transformed christmas into something special.
wishing you the best christmas ever.

December 25, 2009 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home