My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Does this make me a bad person??

What does the following say about me as a person?

I found out last week that one of my coworkers lobbied long and hard to try to prevent me from getting my new position. I mean, she cannot stand me at all. She went around to the people in the unit saying, "I don't care who gets this position, as long as it's not her." Meaning ME. She would see me talking to the boss, and tell people I was kissing up, kissing his ass, whatever the words were - the meaning was there. I even heard she called me "white trash". (I put the term in quotes because I find it funny that someone would consider me white - most people assume I'm Mexican).

Anyway, this news took me a little by surprise. Not the hating - because let's face it - you always know when someone doesn't like you. And, if I can be honest, the feeling is pretty mutual. I'm not a fan of hers, and would in no way, shape, or form spend any time outside the office with her. But the vehemence that she had aparently directed toward me is a little startling.

And it just made me giggle like a school girl.

I cannot help but find this extremely funny. Even four days later, I think of it, and I get a HUGE smile on my face.

Is that wrong?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no not at all..she appears to be extremely julous of you. the way she is going behind your back and talking about you leads me to consider grounds for hostile work environment claim..she sounds like she is very insecure about her job and has probably been counseled about her own work product..so she is trying to divert attention away from her..just my two cents..please keep us informed..shadow

September 21, 2009 10:10 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Nah - I'd never do that. I like my job, and I adore most everyone I work with. The fact that she was just so opposed to my coming here kinda makes me giggle. I seldom worry about what other people think of me, anyway. As long as I can do my job, and not have it affect my life outside of work, I'm good. :-D

September 21, 2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

The best way to get satisfaction here is to do well in all you do...that will drive her crazy and you will giggle your ass off all the time. (Revenge is a dish best served cold! Wrath of Khan)?

September 22, 2009 8:34 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yes, that was Wrath of Khan. I don't have the fake pectoral plate and the sexy open shirt, and the evil snarl as I say it, but I definately get it.

Woo hoo!

September 22, 2009 8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that laughing at and about such childish attacks is the best way to deal with them. There are some people who have been designated as "clergy killers," who consistently attack pastors for no other reason than they are pastors. I only learned about them (unfortunately) only after I was ordained. The first time I learned that I was being attacked by one, I felt devastated. Thankfully, there were more experienced clergy to advise and support me. Now I simply smile and pray for the clergy killers.

September 30, 2009 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home