My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The bane of my existance

For the past two months, my sleep has been interrupted.
  • This bird
  • has been sitting outside our house and singing all fucking night long. Well, not exactly THAT bird. It's a fair approximation. It's some form of mockingbird. Click on the video below, and you'll be able to hear what I do every single damned night.


    I swear, I am going to kill it. It's nice when you're awake, and you're hearing it from a distance. Unfortunately for my family, it's a loud fucking bird, and that light pole you see is about 15 feet from my daughters' windows. Even in the back of my house, I can hear this bird at full volume.

    How does one eradicate a mockingbird? I'm really tired of the car alarm tweet (I really had no idea that it was copying a car alarm until a coworker mentioned it). If I don't get rid of it soon, I may just do something rash. And I can't afford something rash.

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Verdant Earl said...

    It's nature. You are probably going to have to live with it. Unfortunately.

    PS - Like I did with "bear" and "beer", I believe it is "bane" not "bain". Oh, sweet irony! ;)

    June 17, 2009 5:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    borrow a friends pellet gun

    June 17, 2009 6:01 AM  
    Blogger Callie said...

    Yup - you're right Earl. I just noticed that when I logged on. That's what happens when I post at night.

    I'll fix it right away.

    :-)

    June 17, 2009 8:17 AM  
    Blogger Slyde said...

    a paintball gun might do the trick! :)

    June 18, 2009 10:51 AM  
    Blogger Slyde said...

    p.s. my word verification just now was "retad".

    are you crafily trying to tell me something?

    June 18, 2009 10:51 AM  
    Blogger Melain said...

    Yet something rash is exactly what the situation calls for! Think EXTREME. That's the only thing that'll work.

    June 18, 2009 10:56 AM  
    Blogger Callie said...

    Unfortunately, that light pole is directly over where my neighbor parks. The neighbor I actually LIKE. So, paintball is out. So are rocks, which is what I was thinking in the first place. I was also thinking birdshot, but I think the cops would take issue with the shotgun being fired in a residential neighborhood.

    Oooooh! How about I put my cat in a very big slingshot???

    :-D

    June 18, 2009 3:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    scoped pellet gun

    June 18, 2009 5:51 PM  
    Blogger Verdant Earl said...

    Your Wheatland, CA beer profile is up. But I couldn't find any breweries near you, so I picked San Fran. Whatareyagonnado?

    June 19, 2009 8:20 AM  
    Blogger MYSTIC said...

    Nasty lil creatures! Turn to your great hunter...LOWK Have him get some bow practice. Exploding Tips should do!

    June 23, 2009 10:02 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home