My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, June 15, 2009

In preparation . . .

You know, the only reason I ever agree to have parties at my house is so I can get my family together for a week or two before and CLEAN EVERYTHING.

Munchkin is having her very first pool party on Saturday. Last week, I had the girls clean all their garb . . . *ahem* . . . stuff out of the front room. The front room is the first room as you open the door. Everyone is in the habit of just dropping whatever they're carrying on the loveseat there. Jackets, books, papers from school, art projects, toys, everything. We still had winter jackets laying out there. But - all clean now! Yay!

I finally got rid of our fish tank. We haven't had fish in, like, three years. Maybe longer. I don't remember. But, we had the 25 gallon fish tank still sitting in our entertainment center. Now - GONE! It's replaced by hubby's record player I gave him for Christmas a few years ago (which was sitting on a little try table off in the corner). Oh yeah - I know how to decorate, let me tell ya!

(Yes, that last sentence was dripping with sarcasm. I have NO decorating sense whatsoever.)

The kitchen - clean! I was down on my hands and knees SCRUBBING the floor. The cabinets are all scrubbed and polished. The refrigerator, which was covered in children's artwork and more magnets than space, is now cleaned to a nice gleaming white, and the artwork is in a nice pile on the dining room table (haven't gotten to THAT room yet). The stove and diswasher have been scrubbed, and look almost as good as new!

Only problem is . . . we're expecting approximately a dozen kids next weekend (along with parents). My clean house is going to get trashed in about 4 hours.

But for now . . . BLISS!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Oh yeah, your house is going to get a good trashing! In hindsight, it always seems silly to clean everything perfectly only to get it then made into a complete mess by a group of guests. But it's still always worth it in the end- you got rid of the fish tank for example. Hurray for that! And now go and enjoy the clean house as long as it lasts.

June 15, 2009 2:29 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

I just don't want a bunch of soccer moms coming in and thinking we're slobs. I know my friends realize that Hubby and I have full time jobs, and can't possibly keep up with all the housework, yardwork, and work work life seems to throw at us. Besides, it's always nice to make good first impressions on possible NEW friends. They can always find out later I was lying my butt off.

:-D

June 15, 2009 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home