My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Rose is a Rose . . . or not

I have a question for the gentlemen.

Hubby and I were (for some ungodly reason) watching E! yesterday, when that idiot Kardashian program came on. I wasn't paying attention, but aparently Hubby was. He said something about that "look" being hot on Kim K, because he knew she wasn't really all that smart. I looked up to see Ms. K in a pair of glasses, with her hair pulled back (aka - the Sexy Librarian).

I looked at my loving husband quizzically, and he informed me that particular look was made even hotter on Ms K because everyone knows she's not really that intelligent, so it's like role playing, or some such nonsense.

So, because she looks smart, but isn't, that's considered sexy?

And when someone who actually HAS brains does the Sexy Librarian look, it's not sexy?

Guys? Do I have this right?

And if that is right . . . WTF????

5 Comments:

Blogger Verdant Earl said...

I think the appeal of the Sexy Librarian has more to do with the possibility of a good girl acting bad than it has to do with a dumb girl looking smart.

And how dumb is the woman anyway? She's making a ton of money based solely on being kinda famous. Sounds pretty smart to me.

April 24, 2009 12:47 PM  
Blogger Swistle said...

Suddenly I'm angry at all men.

April 24, 2009 2:39 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Earl - so because she's viewed as an easy mark, but she can look like she's a good girl who'd do slutty things, it's sexy? And, I think her popularity is more luck than smarts. That, and men are essentially dogs, and she's got some rockin' curves.

Swistle - I agree. Grrrr.

April 24, 2009 3:59 PM  
Blogger Motherdear said...

Hmmmm....you raise a seriously interesting point, Callie.

My ex-brother-in-law always loved it when Precious pulled her hair back and did the Sexy Librarian look. We could never figure it out. She only did it when she thought her hair needed washing, or something. In other words, it was her 'grunge' look. But I guess each man has his 'type'. One of my sons used to go nuts for the Bohemian Gypsy Peasant. The other one fell for a little gal much like my mom (with a birthday only five days apart from hers!) And just this past month, L&M has been after me to dye my hair red!!! Now, I know his ex was dark-haired, and I've always been blond...so what is up with this new red-haired thing?

MEN!! Ya can't live with 'em, can't cook 'em and eat 'em!!!

PAH!

April 25, 2009 4:20 PM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

I think smart girls are more attractive than dumb ones... so maybe a hot girl looking smart makes her more attractive. although Earl might be on to something there.

April 27, 2009 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home