My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Woo Hoo! My 200th Post!

Yay!

Go me!

Okay - now wtf should I write?

Oh! I should mention that this will be my VERY LAST post as a 'thirty-something'.

That's right - tomorrow is the big day. I cannot believe I made it. Actually, I take that back. I can believe I made it. I just can't believe I still look this good.

Ha!

In other news - I have sworn off alcohol for awhile. Hubby, the kids, and I had dinner with the new neighbors on Saturday. They made spaghetti, and I made meatballs, salad and garlic toast. And we had alcohol.

Lots and lots of alcohol.

Or, maybe I should rephrase that.

I had lots and lots of alcohol. Between the 4 of us, we polished off a bottle of vodka and a bottle of wine. To the best of my knowledge, I had 6 or 7 vodka/whatever juice we were mixing at the times. I may have had more. I'm not really sure. I was the one mixing the drinks, and I make STRONG drinks.

I was still inebriated then next morning.

Now, I'm supremely lucky in that I don't get hangovers. Believe me - I thank TPTB for that. Because if they're anything like how I felt Sunday morning, it sucks to be an average human.

So, I shall be ringing in my 40th with cake and ice cream and lots of yummy food. I'll save any harder partying for some distant day in the future, thankyouverymuch.

See ya!

3 Comments:

Blogger Verdant Earl said...

Happy Birfday and congratulations on 200 posts!

Both very cool.

And that vodka will get you every time. That's why I prefer gin. With gin, you KNOW you had been overindulging the night before.

There is no hangover like a gin hangover. Part of the pleasure/pain equation. ;)

May 06, 2009 1:49 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Ah yes - gin. Hubby LOVES gin and tonics. They're okay, but not my favorite. Gin and lemonade is pretty yummy, though, with a splash of tonic. I could do those on a nice summer day.

But not today. I think my liver needs a few months to repair itself . . .

Thanks Earl!

May 07, 2009 8:49 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! (keep drinking - hangovers are cured if you just constantly stay buzzed ;-))

May 09, 2009 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home