My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Seeing the Light - whether I want to or not

Okay, this may be a little TMI, but so be it.

When I get up in the middle of the night and have to . . .well . . . go, I never turn on the bathroom light. I just don't see the reason to have to turn on the light, wake myself up even more than necessary, just to let go of some excess liquid. After all, I know where everything in my bathroom is located. And, if I keep things nice and dark, I can go back to bed with a minimum of hastle, and get an extra hour or two of sleep.

This practice, sadly, has changed.

While getting ready for bed the other night, I happened to look in the bowl after I was finished. Hanging there by a little thread between the lid and the water was a teeny little spider.

Eeek!

Now, I'm not all girly. I don't (usually) freak at the sight of spiders. Wasps/bees/various other stinging creatures are a whole different story. But spiders I can pretty much handle.

Unless they come precariously close to my pink parts.

Then I'm a total girl.

I can't go in the dark anymore. I keep thinking there's going to be a big freaking spider down there, and I have to turn on the light and look.

If I seem a little more tired than usual, now you know why.

Have a good Monday everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

I *am* a total girl, and especially when it comes to spiders.

Ick, ick, ick. Good idea to flick on the light and do a quick check. That would seriously squick me out.

April 27, 2009 6:37 PM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Don't worry, if a large spider was smart enough it would just hide under the seat when you turned on the light and would stay there while you went to the bathroom.

Wait don't think about that, then you would have to check under the seat as well as turning on the light...

April 28, 2009 7:06 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Thanks a lot Ookami - now I'll NEVER get back to sleep.

*grin*

Stephie - if you plan on becoming a teacher to the little ones, you'll have to prepare yourself for the lovely things little boys like to present people they love - various bugs, lizards, amphibians, etc. *snicker/giggle*

April 28, 2009 8:40 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Interesting how our perspective changes when the light is on.

April 28, 2009 9:04 AM  
Blogger Candy's daily Dandy said...

haahahaha!

I'm sorry I'm laughing but I would feel the same way.

best not to drink fluids after 10 pm, as to aid you in the process.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

April 29, 2009 7:25 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Now you'll have me turning on the light damn you! Here Spider Spider

April 30, 2009 2:02 AM  
Blogger Motherdear said...

Ooooh, poor Callie...man, that's oogie.

Not trying to play 'can you top this', but one time, while staying at a friend's rustic cabin in NH, I went out to the outhouse...and just as I sat down to 'tend to business', a snake dropped down from the roof rafters and landed right next to me.

Well, I stood up, threw open the door and ran SCREAMING into the front yard, for my daddy to come and save me!!!!

Of course, I really should have pulled my pants back up before I did that...but hey, nobody else saw any more than the snake did!!

Yeah, oogie creatures in toilets...it's enough to constipate one for life!

April 30, 2009 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home