My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Karma's a Bitch

Hello, Beautiful People!

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day weekend.

My birthday/Mother's Day was beautiful. The weather was gorgeous. My coworkers decorated my desk in a FESTIVE birthday salute (ie - no black 'Over the Hill' garbage), bought me yummy coffee and scones from my favorite coffee house, and topped it all off with ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, and home-made carrot cake cupcakes. Yes, I LOVE these people.

My family was even more wonderful. Kidlet made a coconut cake for me, and hubby bought pineapple sherbet to go with it (I like sherbets even more than I like ice cream). Munchkin made the cutest picture for me to hang in our bedroom. I didn't have to lift a finger from Thursday through Sunday. On Mother's Day, Kidlet made me breakfast in bed, Munchkin gave me a plant and a homemade card, and Hubby and the girls bought me the most wonderfully scented candle. Hubby took care of everything I could possibly want all weekend. I am truly the luckiest girl on Earth.

The latter half of Sunday, our new neighbor lady from across the street came over to escape from her brood. We ended up going swimming and having a good time just relaxing. She left our house around 6:30, saying she'd better go home and make sure everyone was okay.

When I came home from work yesterday, she called me over to her place. Thinking she was going to give me some of the vegetables from her garden, I hopped on over. She was in the back yard crying. It seems her husband decided to tell her on Mother's Day that he wanted a divorce.

Say it with me, ladies: ASS HOLE

He broke this to her after she left our house Sunday evening. He couldn't wait for another day, because he's just that kind of guy.

So, now, she's packing up and taking herself and her girls back to Washington. This sucks. I finally get a neighbor who I really like, and can spend time with, and has a child Munchkin's age to play with, and her husband messes it up for me. I spent two hours consoling my youngest, as she's losing her close friend. They exchanged little gifts last night, and it broke my heart.

Now, I understand that not all marriages work out, and it's better to end a bad relationship than keep going for the kids' sake, or whatever. But seriously, dude, timing is everything. Mother's Day? Plus, their anniversary is Saturday. And - he could have waited four weeks so her oldest could finish up the school year. Thanks to him, she's going to have to repeat the 4th grade.

As the old saying goes - Karma is a bitch. And, unfortunately for him, she lives right across the street.

4 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Wow. My heart goes out to her.

Happy belated birthday!! (Save me some of that cake!)

May 13, 2009 8:36 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Sorry Elizabeth - I just had the last piece yesterday with coffee. Yum. My kid definately knows how to bake.

:-)

May 13, 2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Happy Birthday from the Bald Guy

May 15, 2009 2:08 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Thanks Mystic!

You need to post a pic of your new 'do' at your site.

:-D

May 15, 2009 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home