My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just looking at pics from the Academy Awards . . .


Does anyone else think that Daniel Day Lewis desperately needs a bath?

Anyone? Anyone?

Not sure what his wife was thinking, either. Her shoes kind of remind me of the Wicked Witch that was caught under the house after Dorothy landed in Oz.
However, I'm going to vow here and now that if I ever become a famous movie star, I will never attend an awards show. I would probably come up with something similar to Mrs. Day-Lewis. Actually, her outfit wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the bright red bows on her shoulders, and the weird floral arrangement nested between her boobs. And the shoes, of course.

6 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Don't know about the bath thing, because I have a cold, However his tux is a throw back to the prom of the 60's. His shoes are the wrong color and type, and he looks like Skeletor's dead cousin. As for his wife...your right!

February 26, 2008 2:30 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

He does rather look like death warmed over, doesn't he. The only thing I kept thinking when I looked at him was that his hair looked dreadfully oily. It's probably only the hairstyle. FYI to all men, though - long and unkempt only works if you're a teenager. Once you hit your mid 20's, it just makes you look homeless.

February 26, 2008 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

hey Callie Darlin'

found you over at Bettina's

How ARE you????

hugs

February 27, 2008 1:22 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

They do look like an awkward couple at the prom don't they? He's a helluva an actor though.

February 28, 2008 10:21 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Hey Jerry! I'm doing fine!

Limpy - I've personally never been partial to his acting. I like a more subtle approach. I get nervous just watching him. :-P

February 28, 2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I don't think he needs a bath. I think he needs a sandwich. Followed by a pizza. Followed by a steak and baked potato. Look at how sunken his face is.

March 03, 2008 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home