My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

I suppose she can't just convince herself she's fine

My poor Munchkin is sick again.

It started last week with a bad cough. Things seemed to be getting better. By Saturday (her b-day party, natch) she seemed fine.

Sunday, she woke up with a whopper of a fever. At it's worst, she was at 103.5. Lots of Children's Motrin, Children's Tylenol, and cool baths for her. Naturally, we kept her home on Monday. Hubby wasn't feeling so hot, either, so he volunteered to stay home with her.

By Monday evening, she seemed to be feeling much better. She had only had a fever that morning, and was in very good spirits. I thought I might just luck out, and not have to stay home.

Don't count my chickens.

At around 12:30 AM Tuesday morning, I could hear her moaning for me from her room. I ran down the hall, and she was crying that her tummy hurt. For the rest of the night, and most of the following day, she was on the potty chair anywhere between 2 and 4 times an hour. By Tuesday evening, she could barely sit down, her bottom hurt so bad.

She seemed to be doing okay on Wednesday, so I informed her she was going back to school on Thursday (today). As awful as it sounds, I can only do so much work from home. I actually need to go into the office.

So, this morning, just our luck, she seemed to be relapsing. Like a trouper, though, she got ready for school, and I drove her in. Come to find out, aparently, there's some sort of pandemic virus hitting everyone there, too. There are so many teacher's absent with this, that there weren't enough substitutes, and some classes had to be re-arranged while the teachers are out sick!

I made sure the school had all my phone numbers in case they needed to get hold of me. They didn't, so I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be feeling better when I get home tonight. Hubby was supposed to call me when he picked her up to let me know how she's doing, but now it seems he's coming down with it, too. I suppose with men, it affects their brains as well as their stomachs.

*sigh*

It's going to be a shitty (literally) weekend.

:-P

6 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

You are not the only one doing it luv! The bug is in the East Too. Justin and Jake, Rebekkah and Sheila all have been up and down all week. Raney had to go to the hospital and got 4 bags of fluid by IV. She hates needles too. They kept her overnight. Tony had his kids out from work and stayed with them..As for Mo and I...were fine! So cheer up at least you are there for her.

February 07, 2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Everyone around here has been sick too, but not in that sort of way. I would rather take cold like sickness rather than that stuff any day.

February 08, 2008 6:25 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

I'm lucky in that I rarely get sick. I may feel a little under the weather, but I can convince myself that I'm well. It works.

Glad you and Mo are okay, Mystic!

Ookami - I'm so with you there. I can deal with a cold. But when it's dealing with the stomach, NO THANK YOU!

February 08, 2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sorry. It seems like we just got over this, or something like it.

February 08, 2008 8:17 PM  
Blogger duff said...

sorry to hear the munchkin isn't feeling well. i'm glad this epidemic hasn't reached me yet. i wonder how much it costs to buy stock in charmin.

i, too, prefer illnesses of the non-explosive variety.

hope she's better soon....

February 10, 2008 6:18 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

OMG I'm so sorry to hear all this! It's going on down here, too...family and friends have been down for the count. I've just had to ward off any visitors because of it. I really hope things look up for you and that YOU don't end up with the bug. Stay well, I'm sending good vibes your way.

February 11, 2008 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home