My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Not Ready for This . . .

I was dropping Munchkin off at school this morning. In the car on the way to school, she asked if she could go to the cafeteria to check what her balance was. They're having "Thanksgiving" lunch at school, and she wanted to make sure she had enough in her student account for a tray lunch today.

So, we get to school, and I drive over to park near the cafeteria so we can walk together. We get out of the car, and start walking toward the cafeteria.

Munchkin: Mom, I can go in myself.

Me: I know, sweetie, but I can still walk with you.

Munchkin: Mom! I'm CAPABLE!!!!!

With that, she stomped her little foot, turned, and marched off toward the cafeteria. Alone.

First, where did the little girl go who used to hold my hand tightly and plead with me not to leave until the final bell rang? Second, since when did my 5-year-old start using words like "capable"??????!!!!!!

I need some ice-cream and a chick flick right now.

*bawls*

3 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

She was afraid you would hug her and she would get suspended...Sorry

She is becoming a young lady. You know they don't stay lil girls very long....

Ask her if she wants ice cream and watch the chick flick together....

November 15, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, yes, a foretaste of the days to come when your offspring will refuse to walk near you as you stroll through the mall.

November 16, 2007 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww!!!

that's as good as the "MAYBE" coming out of my 2.5yr old niece. LMAO.

trix. :)

November 27, 2007 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home