My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Working Girl Blues

I made it back to work.

Bleh.

I miss my friends from my old job. I don't, however, miss the crazy lady. I suppose it all evens out in the wash.

Funny thing happened yesterday. A few weeks ago, the other lead analyst, my supervisor, and I were given laptops, so if we needed to work at home, we could just unhook them from the docking station, and take them with us. On Thursday, the other lead had taken her laptop home with her. She came in on Friday, and I could hear her turning the key which locks and unlocks the laptop to the docking station. She would mutter under her breath, and I could hear clicking. I went over to investigate. When I looked over her shoulder, I saw her attempting to turn on the empty docking station.

"Where's your laptop?" I asked.

"At home," she responded.

"Well, you kinda need it if you expect to do any work," I informed her.

"But, they told me I could take it home whenever I wanted!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, but you have to bring it back the next day. The docking station isn't a computer." I was trying very hard not to double over in peels of laughter.

"Well, they never told me THAT!" she huffed, and left to run back to her house to get her laptop.

I finally did it, boys and girls. I finally found someone who is less computer literate than I am!

*whistles merrily*

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

And you thought going back to work was going to be boring!

October 06, 2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I didn't go to work most of last week and am the only person who truly understands my job or for that matter, does it. Thursday was the only day i was there and I won't return for at least another week. After seeing how it looked after 3 days I am very scared to go back after I recover from surgery. I won't even be able to do everythign for a while because I will be on light duty. I hioe to have something like this happen to me to make my return more bearable.

October 07, 2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It could turn out to be a very humorous job!

October 07, 2007 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a super-long dream last night, and you and Dani and your daughter were in it. Go read my comment on Dani's blog to hear more. LOL. It was soooo weird.

October 08, 2007 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny.

and does she calls the monitor, "the tv"?

one of the cows calls it that. LMAO.

btw... welcome home!

trix. :D

October 08, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

Holy.
Crap.

I would have had a lot of trouble NOT laughing at that. I mean, seriously. Anybody who thinks a docking station is a COMPUTER is.....well....nevermind. I don't want to be mean.

Good thing you showed her how to fix her problem.

October 09, 2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Well, considering some of the IT questions I've had, I could relate. Although I always knew that you needed the laptop, and not just the docking station. Plus, she's a real sweetie, and has really tried to give me all the information I need for working here, so I HAVE to be nice, and not snicker.

But, oh is it difficult.

*giggle*

October 09, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Oh, my GOD...

TELL me this woman is a BLONDE. Seriously...Send that story in to Reader's Digest. Holy shit...

October 09, 2007 9:28 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Lady -

Nope, not blond.

October 10, 2007 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home