My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quick Update

Thanks everyone for your input on my presentation. It went well. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be, and I used most all of your suggestions. Most of the attendees only gave me a score of 3 out of 5 for the category "Style, delivery, enthusiasm, and rapport", but I guess it's better than zero! I have to give the presentation again next week, and then one last time in November. Then, I can get back to my regular job. Yay!

I may not be around much this next week. My mom's going in for surgery today. I'm sure it will be fine, but she has some health issues that make the surgery a little more taxing than it would be for most patients. She's having tumors removed from her neck, and there is the possibility that the surgeon could nick a nerve that would paralyze half of her face.

So - keep your fingers crossed, and send her get well vibes.

Thanks guys!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hope your Mom gets well soon!

October 18, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

I'm crossing my fingers for your mom to have a healthy and quick recovery. :-) *hugs*

And 3/5 is great for someone who already knows she hates giving presentations! So good job!

October 18, 2007 3:06 PM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

3 out of 5 doesn't sound bad to me. It sounds like you did fine.

Hope your mom gets well.

October 21, 2007 2:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’ve added your mom to my daily prayer list and send her my blessings.

October 21, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Wishing you both well but like Nick she will be put on our prayer list.

October 21, 2007 7:33 PM  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

Callie, you're not near the fires are you???

Hope you're staying safe, if you are!

Come live with me if you need a place to run to.

October 23, 2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Practice makes perfect, right? By the time you make your last presentation people will be giving you a standing "o!"

Good luck to your mom; hopes for a quick recovery!

October 24, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Hey Stephie -

no, I'm nowhere near the fires, thank goodness! But, I may take you up on your offer! I want another vacation in Canada.

Lady K - you don't even want to know how awfully my 2nd presentation went. People just don't want to hear that they have to work. Pissed me off something fierce.

October 24, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

Glad you're in a safe place - I sort of thought you were more North, but I just couldn't remember for sure. :-)

Okay - one day when I actually do have a place of my own (NOT my parents house, hahaha), with space for visitors we will just HAVE to have a visit. You can come and see the grand province of Ontario and I'll take you to downtown Toronto. haha. :D

Dani should come too in this far-off-future visit. It'd be wickedly fun. :-D

October 24, 2007 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home