My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanks Everyone!

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all Mom's well-wishes. She's out of the hospital, and seems to be doing better. It got a little hairy for a bit. It seems she didn't react too well to the anesthesia. It's kinda funny, actually.

Normally, it would take a person about half an hour to start to come out of the anesthesia they administered to my mom. Well, she's kinda sensitive to drugs. To make a long story short, it took her almost 8 hours to fully come to. During those 8 hours, she was in a drug induced combative state. She wasn't conscious, but she was fighting.

During the procedure, some blood ended up in her stomach, and in the recovery room, she started to get sick to her stomach. For some reason, she thought she should be standing up while this was happening. Some of the nurses and orderlies tried to get her back into bed. She was having none of that, and tried to fight them. It took EIGHT nurses and orderlies to get her back into bed. She put one of them in the Emergency Room.

That's right, folks. My 61 year old mom fought off eight trained medical professionals, and injured one enough to have to seek medical attention themselves.

Don't piss off Mommy.

And she wonders why they released her and had her standing on the curb waiting for a ride home two days later . . .

:-P

4 Comments:

Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

Glad she's doing well!!!

Annnnd that's one of the most hilarious post-op stories ever!

When my mom had surgery just after my youngest brother was born, she was so out of it on the pain meds. She kept trying to call our house, but wasn't dialing the right number. And everytime they picked up at the wrong number, she was like, "Where did my family go? Why did they leave me? Why are you in my house?" and all that MAJORLY koo-koo talk, hahaha.

Then the Nurse finally came in, and when she told her that her family had moved away on her ... the Nurse helped her to call the ACTUAL number for our house. LOL.

I love that your mom is a fiesty broad!

October 24, 2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My 61-year-old self probably couldn’t fight off 8 hospital staff! I admire your mom’s martial arts skills!

October 24, 2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

That is hilarious! I've never heard of someone having such a reaction. Glad she's doing okay!

October 25, 2007 6:10 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Don't worry too much, it is a common reaction to the drugs. I have had two such incidents myself. What is nice about it is.. that when she gets her hospital bill, she will have the satisfaction that she kicked someones butt first. She went down swinging...way to go MOM!

October 26, 2007 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home