My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lost


I'll admit it - I'm pretty addicted to this show. The only show that holds me in thrall more is 'House'. If you're not into Lost, none of this will make any sense to you.

That being said, I'm pretty okay with the show killing off some of it's characters. Granted, I really didn't want Boone to die, only because he was eye candy. I really didn't care too much about his character, but man those eyes . . . *drool*

Last week's surprise death of Ana Lucia, and possibly/probably Libby, took me by surprise. I'll admit to really disliking Michelle Rodriguez - and subsequently most of the roles she's played - only because she reminds me of the stupid punk girls I had to endure in Jr. High and High School. I was not disappointed that her tenure on the show was terminated. I really liked Libby's character, though. Mainly because there's mystery there - what was she doing in the institution? Is/was she really interested in Hurley? Is she a real psychologist? So many questions. I hope her character is saved. However, from what I've been hearing, my hopes will probably be dashed. Darn!

One character I definately DO NOT want them to kill off is Eko. Man, oh man, oh man. He has it all - tragic background, the good hearted bad-guy, mystical spirituality, and a body that is just . . . beautiful. Gah . . . *thud*. If anything happens to this character, the show will lose me forever.

Okay - I need to get some work done. Must. stop. gazing. at. beautiful. man.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have found “Lost” to be quite interesting. Unfortunately, I haven’t watched it consistently—I’ve seen only about a quarter of the episodes, so I haven’t followed the story-line from week-to-week. That means that whenever I do have the opportunity to watch “Lost,” I am generally lost.

May 10, 2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I have not followed the show at all and do not know the players at all....but I do have some old T shirts I can send to LOWK and you can role play.

May 11, 2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Just stopped by, can't read post or comments as I haven't watched last nights episode yet. Will be back after I do.

May 11, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I totally agree about the characters, except I do not drool as much.

I think the show has lost (no pun intended) some of its edge. For example there do not seem to be any wierd things like polar bears in the jungle anymore. It is more about the characters, which is ok, but I liked the unexpected wierd things.

However, it is still interesting enought that I have not been able to stop watching it, yet.

I missed last night's episode. Our PVR failed to record it for some reason, so now I have to pay $2 and download it from iTunes. :(

May 11, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

I can't watch it anymore. The fact that this people have neither the imagination or skill to protect themselves is beyond me. It's like Gilligans Islands on downers.

May 11, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

That from someone who got me hooked on the damn show to begin with . . .

Oh - and Chris - you can watch the show for free if you go to ABC.com.

May 12, 2006 5:29 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I don't watch the show, but between you and Nonny, I feel as if I do. I'm definitely going to check it out on abc.com, though! I've STILL yet to catch an episode of House, which really does sound good.

May 12, 2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

"Gilligans Islands on downers" - LOL.

That is true. They are idiots. If you have all of this going on they need to band together and inventory thier supplies and have some sort of organization. Instead the go on willy nilly doing whatever they want and getting picked off one by one...fun!

May 13, 2006 1:37 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yes, MD - I'm pretty sure it's the same guy from Oz.

The second season isn't as good as the first, but it still keeps your interest.

And House has the entire household entralled. Love him. He's so deliciously mean and intelligent. Gotta love it.

Yes Chris - they are really stupid at times, aren't they? I just laugh at it. It drove hubby crazy, though. :-(

May 13, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, I did watch it on the ABC web site while it was slow at work. Michael is going to be in trouble with Libby...

May 14, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

P.S. I just created another post about LOST and I know you are a big fan of the show like me, so check it out and let me know what you think.

May 20, 2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home