My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

What a difference . . .

I've decided I love my new dentist.

She's perfect.

If I were gay, and she weren't married, I would so be into her. Tall, very short dark brown hair, and full red lips. And so freaking gentle when she was giving me the novacaine. Novacane? Whatever. Never had a better dental experience in my life.

Anyway - I was right. I needed a root canal. She did part of it today, and I have an appointment next month to have it finished. Ah well.

Good thing about this is that I can now eat and drink without pain. I may actually take a nap later, and look forward to not waking up and holding my cheek in my hand for an hour. Woo hoo!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

After my recent negative experiences with dentists, are you willing to share her?

March 23, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Sure! Just migrate on over to Roseville, and I'm sure they'll take you.

March 23, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Does your dentist make house calls?

Ok... how about naked house calls?

March 23, 2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I can totally relate to this post. I broke a tooth over a year ago and just never did anything about it. Finally my jaw started hurting so bad I had to go. I needed a root canal too (set me back $500, but I guess that's cheap from what people say). My dentist's name is actually Dr. Payne. But he is super gentle. Drinking without pain RULES!

March 24, 2006 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to get a root canal soon too. :( So far I haven't had any pain though, they just noticed that my root is dead the last time I got x-rays, so they know I'll need one. I'm also getting my wisdom teeth out in May. Yuck!

Good to hear you found a dentist you like. :)

March 24, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Root canals suck! I fear I may need another one if I don't get this cracked tooth taken care of soon...Glad you're better!

March 24, 2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

ROSEVILLE? ROSEVILLE? OH MY GOD!

March 24, 2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think it is important to let your dentist know how you feel about her.

I once fell in love with the dental technician before I went under. I never said a word and have always wondered what would have happened if I had confessed how I truly felt.

March 25, 2006 3:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Plus they wear those cute little dentist outfits.

March 26, 2006 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding a good dentist is not easy. I'm glad you did!! YEA!

I'm glad your feeling better.

March 27, 2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger thesmu said...

you know, that's an act you could make a lot of cash from in some places...

April 01, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger thesmu said...

i mean, the dentist... !

April 01, 2006 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home