My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Yeah yeah yeah

I know - I know. I haven't updated my links yet. I suck. Deal with it. I'll do it this week sometime. I promise.

In other news . . .

California's springtime weather has decided to leave us for awhile, and we're now back to winter. There was snow . . . SNOW . . . in San Francisco, which caused a huge pileup at the Golden Gate Bridge. Here in the Sacramento Valley, there have been reports of Snow in Unusual Places (remember, we're at about 50 ft above sea level, so this SNOW stuff makes the news). There hasn't been any at our house, but we've had our share of hail storms, freezing rain, and dark, stormy nights.

I'm personally not complaining. I'm sure Lowk hates it, though. He works out in it, poor baby. Me - I just poke my nose out of the overly-heated office building a few times a day to get a breath of fresh air, and wonder if we're going to have more tornado warnings. Yup - you heard me right - tornado warnings. It's crazy. This is California, for crying out loud. Home of the EARTHQUAKE. We know what to do with those. This tornado thing is something else, though. You ever want to see what makes Californians go ape shit? Put them in the middle of a itty-bitty little tornado warning. It's funny to watch. Bunch of overly-dressed liberals running around like the end of the world is coming. Turn on any local station, and what do you see? STORM WATCH 2006! Everywhere. Congress could pass the most important legislation in US history, and it might get a passing note at the bottom of the hour. The Middle East could be turned into a sheet of glass, and we wouldn't know about it. Why? Because some weather person spotted a teensy little funnel cloud a mile above the city. It's insane.

What else is happening . . . ?

I'm working my ass off. Seriously. I don't think I'll have any posterior by the end of June. I mean - I really do love my job. It's nice having work, and being busy, and actually being recognized in a good way for your work. But sometimes I just want to tell some of the people I work with to leave me the hell alone. I know they want their contracts completed. I know it's been here longer than they thought it should. But you know what? It's not going to get done if you call me every freaking hour asking for updates. Morons.

Speaking of work - I should probably get some done now.

Toodles!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

It's 70 degrees here today! It's fleeting though, as I heard it's gonna be back down in the 30s tomorrow. People break out the shorts here when it gets that warm.

Love your avatar!!

March 13, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

In Wisconsin we sometimes have tornadoes. But we don't also have earthquakes, mudslides and wildfires.

March 14, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here I was Sunday complaining about warm rain and you have snow! I’ll take the rain, especially in March.

March 14, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

It is Spring here....LUV IT!

March 15, 2006 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home