My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Getting Ready for Mother's Day

Well, this last week has been stressful, to say the least. Between both kids and hubby getting sick, Kidlet crashing her bike, my boss being sick, and trying to train another new analyst, I've had a full plate, to say the very least. Add to that the fact that my birthday was last weekend - 37 now, thank you very much - right when both Hubby and Munchkin were feeling their worst. I felt mega-guilty about them doing things for me when they felt like absolute crap. And Kidlet, poor thing, after crashing her bike on Tuesday, started with the puking on Wednesday. She hasn't had the best week, at all.

But, they're all starting to feel better, and it's Mother's Day weekend. I should probably sit back and relax. Because Mother's Day is so close to my birthday, I don't usually get the whole hoopla that most moms get, but they do their best to make me feel good about deciding to procreate. However, this year I've decided to invite my mother over for Mother's Day (much to my husband's chagrin). This means I have to clean obsessively today, plus go to the store and find something perfect (but not too expensive) for her, and make sure I have good food for tomorrow (but, as hubby pointed out, nothing that's unhealthful, cuz mom's not in too good of health). Sure! Not a problem. Oh, and did I mention I also brought work home with me, because it's getting close to fiscal year end, and we have a ton of work? Well, I did.

Yeah, I can do this. I'm Super-Mom!!!

heh-heh. I have a feeling that by the end of tomorrow, I'm going to be sitting in a corner in a puddle of my own drool, making funny noises.

Have a Wonderful Mother's Day everyone!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You might consider getting your Mom a bottle of whiskey. A shot of that every day will perk you right up. Might take a shot yourself, too. It will help with the work that you brought home. Ok, maybe 2 or 3 shots.

May 14, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Chris - how about a fifth of tequila. That's what we polished off yesterday.

I'm so glad I don't get hangovers . . .

May 15, 2006 4:59 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Happy Mother's day/belated Birthday to you!

I got pampered all day yesterday :)

I did go back and read your lost post finally. I watched it on Sat. and of course now we know that Libby did die, after squeeking out the word "Michael" of which everyone thought she was asking how he was (DUH). I agree that Libby was really becoming an interesting character. I also agree that Eko is great.

May 15, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

What did your Mom do? You invite her over to paperwork, puke and tequila. Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day. You have this "sick" need to share? (Pun intended). I do hope, the both of you, had a wonderful day...Happy Mother's Day and a belated Birthday Wish.

May 15, 2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Birthday and Mother's Day happiness to you!

May 15, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger lowk said...

I keep telling to let me put sugar water in her insulin bottle. But NNOOOOO, you gotta let her linger and make os all suffer..

Btw, we're outta whiskey too.

May 15, 2006 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home