My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Frustrations

Well, if anyone has visited Lowk's sight in the past couple of days, you'll see picture proof that my oldest daughter takes after me. *sigh* I should probably apologize in advance to both my daughters. I was a clumsy child, and I grew into a clumsy adult. I've already fallen down our stairs twice. Granted, one of those times, I was getting over a major migraine, but still . . . two left feet here. By the time I was seven, I had already broken two bones, had a concussion, and been in a coma. And people wonder why my mother's neurotic.

In the last two weeks, Kidlet (my oldest) has managed two black eyes, a bruised shoulder, and knocked out her (permanent) front tooth. I also thought for awhile that she had broken her nose, but the dentist and my lovely hubby told me that NO - it's just bruised and swolen. Well, thank goodness for something, at least.

I take her back to the dentist tomorrow, so we'll know more then. Keep your fingers crossed.

Munchkin is being a pain in the butt. A few weeks ago, we got Buddy - a cute Himilayan/Siamese kitten. Well, he's cute to look at, at least. He's a freaking psycho cat. Seriously. He attacks EVERYTHING. And I'm not surprised. Munchkin has freaked the cat out at every opportunity. She's even thrown him off the second story bannister. He's a tough cat, and takes most of it in stride. But all the same, I don't want one of those kids. You know the kind I mean. The ones who you find out, after several people have turned up missing, that as a child they tortured and killed helpless animals for fun. So - we're trying. If you see a post entitled "RIP Buddy", you'll know she's won.

I had another interview today. I didn't even study for the darned thing, and I told them, too. It's been crazy at work, and they know what fiscal year end is like, so if they don't at least give me some points for honesty, then screw them. And they asked the "What's your weakest point" question. Ugh. I hate that question. Do you want to know what my weakest point is???? Honesty. That's my weakest point. I tell people what I think of them and why, and it usually pisses them off. But, of course, I can't say that. So I give them another honest answer that will get me absolutely nowhere. I'm impatient. Yup - you heard it here first. I'm impatient, and when something is supposed to be done by a certain time, and it's not, I want to know why, and I'll make you feel like shit for making me wait. I didn't say it in those terms, but there ya go.

Needless to say, I don't think I'm going to get the job. Then again, I never get any jobs anymore. The only reason I have my current job is because my boss relied on another manager for input on my abilities. Another manager who I happened to work with until about one month before he got promoted to manager, and befriended my manager. I also happen to be pretty good friends with the guy, too, so he gave me an excellent reccomendation. Every other job I've interviewed for in the last two years, I haven't got. I suck at interviews. I refuse to blow smoke up anyone's ass. And, God forbid, I actually have a sense of humor! And I brag about it! Imagine that. A government employee who actually makes fun of the beaurocracy of working for the government! Sakes alive, what will they think of next? I just can't take it seriously, ya know? It's all so . . . moronic.

I guess I'm just lucky I've passed probation. And I'm a member of the Union. Short of selling secrets to foreign countries, I'm pretty much guaranteed a job until I die. Or, we go into another recession, and the governor decides to try to "scale down" the civil service jobs. Not like it stays scaled down. But still - I'm pretty much good for a long while. Thank God for civil service.

Maybe I shoulldn't have had the two whiskey and root beers before posting . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Never apologize for being honost. The world could use more honost people. I haven't had to interview for a job in over ten years but I do remember it blows. I also agree that the whole "what's your weakness" is a dumb question. Just once I'd like to say "I'm a kleptomaniac and morphine addict". Sorry to hear about Kidlet.

May 24, 2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Welcome to the land of Psycho kitties. I've managed to survive almost 10 yrs with mine, but the med help. (hers, not mine)

May 24, 2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Do you want some recipes for Cat Chow? Sorry about kidlet's fall.

May 24, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there, Callie. If you want a different job, it will eventually appear. I’ve been in the process of getting a new one for almost three months. Unless there is another screw-up on the part of the company, I begin work next Tuesday.

Buddy sounds like a normal kitten—energetic and resilient. Hopefully Munchkin won’t break him.

May 24, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

Dont worry sweety, If that cat dies you wont be sure who did it. Munchkin or me. That F!%#^ hairball was clawing the couch AGAIN!!!!!!


(gotta show the kid how to use the BB gun)

May 25, 2006 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, no one wonders why your mother is neurotic. Everyone knows children cause insanity.

May 25, 2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

A - so that's what my problem is . . .

May 25, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

You were right in an earlier comment, we are sisters from another mister. If you haven't read me in awhile, I, too, am as clumsy as they come, both as a child AND an adult (ask my toes, fingers, ankles and shins), although I can say I've never been in a coma. Close, though, falling out of that apple tree flat on my back gave everyone quite a scare when I couldn't feel anything for a little bit, let alone breathe...

May 25, 2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home