My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tagged by Penny (hmmmm . . . sounds kinda nasty)

Goodness - 2 posts in one day. I'm being prolific.

ten years ago: I was a new mommy, and going through a mild case of post partum. Granted, the guy in the exercise machine shop that I went into to try to find something for hubby-dear for Xmas didn't help by asking me how far along I was, as I was carrying around my newborn daughter in a carrier. Moron.


five years ago: I had just graduated college, just transferred over to a new Department, and just decided I wanted to try to get pregnant again (before my time limit imposed by hubby ran out).

one year ago: I was still getting accustomed to my new house, and talking with Hubby about the possibility of getting a pool put in. I was actively persuing finding another job, and leaving my boss in a lurch, because he showed himself for the stupid, shiftless, butthead he really was.

yesterday: I had to take Munchkin to the doctor yet again, because the poor child cannot seem to shake one cold before coming down with another. Then I decided to take the rest of the day off, cuz I'm lazy. :-D

five snacks i enjoy:
1. Apples and caramel
2. Apples and peanut butter
3. taquitos and homemade guacamole
4. chips and Hubby's EXCELLENT homemade salsa
5. brownies

five songs to which i know all the words:
1. The Race is on - cover by Sawyer Brown
2. Standing Outside the Fire - Garth Brooks
3. It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion
4. Just Like Jesse James - Cher
5. Here I Go Again On My Own - Whitesnake

five things i would do with $100 million:
1. Pay everything we owe off
2. Set up college/trust funds for my children
3. Pay off everything my mom owes, kick the thing she lives with out on his butt, hire her a companion, and give her enough money so that she doesn't have to worry about anything for as long as she lives.
4. Go on a trip around the world with hubby. (Hubby here, we do that now)
5. Buy enough property to open our own Drive-In Theatre.

five places to run away:
1. Canada
2. Carribean
3. Australia
4. Italy
5. Ireland

five bad habits:
1. I'm lazy
2. I can be rude (especially to telemarketers)
3. I have no patience
4. I swear too much
5. I'm a couch potato

five things i like doing:
1. spending time with hubby (feeding him cherry pie)
2. spending time with my family
3. surfing blogs
4. reading
5. watching movies

five things i would never wear:
1. frilly crap (unless it's a lacy neglige)
2. high heel shoes
3. muumuu's: I'm with Penny and ltlme on this one - Mom wears them all the time, and I cannot stand them.
4. mini skirts - my hips and thighs are just a bit too much for this look anymore.
5. low rise pants with a midi shirt - After two kids, and as lazy as I am, this look is just NOT for me, thankyouverymuch.

five favorite tv shows: (past and present)
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Lost
3. Nip/Tuck
4. The Justice League
5. M*A*S*H

five biggest joys in my life:
1. My Husband
2. My Children
3. My Friends
4. My Mom (even though she annoys the pee pee outta me)
5. Spending quality time with all of the above.

five favorite toys:
1. HUBBY!!!
2. my stuffed cat, Cuddlekins, that my aunt made for me when I was about 5.
3. the computer
4. the digital camera
5. HUBBY!!!

And I don't tag, so there. :-P

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Great answers, Callie.

If Hubby ever gets a hankering for chocolate, don't forget the whole mud pie over here. (Though it sounds yucky when put in that context, doesn't it?)

December 01, 2005 4:58 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

This is starting to sound like a Chick Flick...

December 01, 2005 5:21 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Got a problem with that, Mystic?


And Penny - he loves ALL kinds of pie.

December 01, 2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I am impressed! When the video started I was thinking about the five snacks you enjoy and taken completely by surprise! Thanks for the music!

December 01, 2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I have no problem with it Callie...Just commenting how I do every now and then...Now all I have to do is remove my foot from my mouth.

December 02, 2005 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home