My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As Long as She's Happy . . .

Well, now that you all know my weakness for the gossip column, I've decided to share another tidbit I found at MSN Entertainment.

Hubby and I have had this snarky feud going the past couple of years. He adores Britney Spears. Completely adores her. I never had any real problems with her. I mean, she's moderately talented, has a really nice body, and generally seems sweet when she's being interviewed. The only problem I ever had with her was her image. Being the mother of young girls, the last thing they need to be idolizing is some scantily clad teenage tart.

Anyway - we all know about Brit's other half. The moocher. The man who, in my humble opinion, showed very little class when he dumped his PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND for Ms. Britney. The man who, to the best of my knowledge, has no life skills on his resume, save a few dancing gigs. It's guys like this who remind me of those cute guys you went to school with. You know - popular, good-looking, skated through school not ever learning anything, barely passing with C's and D's, who you see 10 or 15 years after graduation, still dressing the same way they did, still talking the same way, still living with Mom and Dad. You know - complete losers.

So - for some unknown reason, GQ has listed Mr. Federline as one of their "Men of the Year", and I stole the following from MSN Entertainment, who in turn, stole it from GQ. Btw - my snark is printed in green.

Speaking of crying, you'll likely be shedding a few tears -- of laughter anyway -- after reading K. Fed's interview with GQ, which just dubbed him one of its Men of the Year.

The magazine quizzes the so-called "American Husband: Trophy Edition"(ah yes - that explains his new title - it's the 'trophy edition'. gotcha.) on his domestic duties, including whether there's a particular "household task" at which he excels.

Offers Kevin, "Pressing the TV buttons. Yeah, dude. That's like the No. 1 thing." (my guess is that's all he's qualified to do.)

Does he ever surprise his meal-ticket missus with flowers? "Oh yeah," says the romance-minded Federline. "I'll call up the [bleeping] florist before I get a hotel room for us and have them stock it with flowers and a card saying something. You've got to keep it interesting, man." (let me guess - you probably buy them with her money, huh?)

In between dialing the "[bleeping] florist" and penning love notes that say "something," Kevin is also happy to kowtow to his wife: "Oh yeah, I'll hold her purse. It's one of those things, you know? I've bought the Tampax, the baby diapers, I've been through all of that already." (Oh, yeah - you're just so experienced, and soo knowledgeable to women's needs - scuse me while I try to keep down my lunch.)

And that easygoing feeling extends to their home life, with Federline, who appears in the mag wearing denim he-capris, a standard issue white tank top, socks with sandals and an apron, revealing how he sometimes fails to secure the bathroom door: "The comfort level around here? It's family, man. It's like what you do with your brother or your sister or, you know, your moms or pops. I mean, you never cared when you were a kid." (yeah, but dude - you're not a kid anymore - grow the fuck up, already.)

As for why he was selected as Man of the Year, Britney's less flush half is convinced it's "because I'm Daddy, dude. I'm Daddy. [Bleep], that's pretty much it." (yup - that pretty much covers it, imo - moron.)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD. You have got to be kidding me. Loser with a capital L.

November 22, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

I know.

But hey - she likes him, so who am I to judge. Just as long as he doesn't try to rap anymore. Blech.

November 22, 2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger Kal said...

Heh.

Double Heh.

November 23, 2005 2:35 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Callie darling chill out! You don't expect this clown to really amount to anything do you. He just happened to be around when what's her face went into heat...He's a Sperm donor, thats all. These two are going to make great parents...RIGHT!!!!!!!!

November 23, 2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup absolute loser.

November 23, 2005 9:13 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

That is the most hilarious thing I've heard in awhile! lol. What a dork.

Thanks for sharing, Cali! Too funny, haha.

~ Stephie

November 23, 2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger lowk said...

I agree with you sweetie. He's a punk and nothing more than a freeloader. (this'll get me a spot on the garage floor) But I think he is man of the year cause he managed to get Britney Spears. That did it for me.
(I'll get my blanket and pillow now)

November 23, 2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

LMFAO lowk. You've got someone better: Callie is far sexier than Britney AND Callie's got a brain.

So YOU win!

November 24, 2005 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

November 24, 2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

Thanks lawbrat. Dinner was great. Callie made me a nice plate and gave me a bowl of water in the garage.

November 25, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

LMAO!!

Thank you Penny for the vote of confidence. Sadly, the Britster has something I can never have . . . blond hair. Just wouldn't work with my skin tone.

:-P

Thank you Lawbrat! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

And Lowk, honey, make sure the floor is spotless. I would hate to think of you sleeping in dirt.

November 25, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Blonde hair is over rated. I've had it - several times.

November 25, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

There is only one way to tell if the parson is a TRUE bolnde. >)

November 25, 2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

It all goes down hill from here. Enjoy the weekend...

November 26, 2005 6:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Being the mother of young girls, the last thing they need to be idolizing is some scantily clad teenage tart.

Only us adults should be allowed to idolize scantily clad teenage tarts. :)

December 04, 2005 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home