My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The best revenge . . .

I just came back from a meeting about 30 minutes ago, and I opened my work e-mail. What should I find but an e-mail from someplace called PAN testing. It turns out, my former boss submitted my name to assess his performance as a manager.

*wicked laugh*

Oh, that was fun. I haven't felt this good in months.

If you'll recall (and I know you can't go back and check, since I committed blogicide last week), I was very upset at leaving my former co-workers, but I felt nothing but hate and discontent for my former boss. The man who promised when he first came on that he would see what he could do about reclassifying my position, but opted not to because (and I quote) "It's just too much work." Yeah, he really said that, folks. The SAME man who, after I transferred to my current position (with the best boss I've ever had, btw), attempted to reclassify my vacated position to a position EVEN HIGHER than the position I was asking for (he couldn't do it because the requested classification has NOTHING to do with the job he wanted performed - heh heh). The very same person who his workers have repeatedly accused of bending over willingly and taking it up the butt whenever a higher-up wants something done, never voicing any of our complaints or objections, because (I guess) he thinks he'll get promoted that way.

Now, I really have nothing against the man, himself. I know it doesn't sound that way, but for the most part, when it has nothing to do with work, he's a fairly decent chap. But he's the crappiest manager I've ever had the displeasure to work for. And, thanks to PAN testing, I got to voice that loud and clear. I have no idea if the results are forwarded to anyone but him, but it would be so nice if they were. I would love the idiots at headquarters to know what kind of fool they put in charge of that unit.

Sometimes, revenge really is sweet. I think I'll go reward myself with some of the Halloween candy I stole from my kids.

And hey - it only took 15 minutes of my lunch break to write. That means I can actually EAT during lunch. What a concept!

8 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

Thats awesome! I'm glad you got to get that out of your system. :D

My Daddy keeps giving me halloween candy in my lunch. I think he buys extra just so that he can. :D

November 03, 2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Danika you are truly one Daddy's Girl, aren't ya?

Hope you find a Sugar Daddy sometime so that you can keep this up later. :oP

Callie - good on ya about the PAN testing. I assume it was anonymous?

November 03, 2005 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous testing was also my question.

good for you to finally let that out!

trix. :)

November 03, 2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

Should've just forwarded it to Gov. Arnie and everyone else in the system.

November 03, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Seems to be a lot of pent up emotions out there kiddo...but he who laughs last, laughs best...Glad your up and running again. I should be back home in a couple days. I miss the homefront..

November 04, 2005 1:35 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Dani - I'm glad I got it out of my system, too. It felt really good.

Penny/Trix - I'm sure it was anonymous. I remember hearing about those when one of my previous bosses had it, and they assured everyone that it was. But, if it's not - who the heck cares???

Lowkie-baby - I really wish I could. Unfortunately, I don't think he'd be concerned about something like this with elections next week.

Mystic - I'm glad I'm up and running, too! Have a safe journey home.

November 04, 2005 6:10 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I absolutely am a Daddy's girl!!! I love it! :D

I wouldn't mind a sugar Daddy... as long as he isn't too old. LOL LOL

November 04, 2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a friend who just retired from the FBI told me, the greatest joy of his entire career was his final interview when he was asked what he thinks of the Bureau and could for the first time honestly answer that question.

November 04, 2005 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home