My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, January 09, 2009

All is well, I suppose

Really nothing new out west.

California is still in a budget crisis. You know - I like living here. The weather's nice. There's pretty much a climate for everyone. We have the ocean. We have mountains. We have valleys. We have rivers and hills and lakes. And, other than the occasional trembler, we don't get devastating weather patterns like hurracanes and tornadoes, and such. I work for the State, which - under NORMAL circumstances - is a very stable job with decent benefits.
However, I'm getting to the point that - if things get much worse around here - I may seriously consider putting the house on the market and getting outta Dodge.

I probably won't be updating my blog very often, but I won't shut it down entirely. I will still lurk around my friends' blogs, and post comments. But, in all honesty, I don't have a heck of a lot to post about. Other than bragging about my gorgeous kids, natrually. :-D

So, I'll sign off with a couple of cute pics of the family on a recent trip up to the snow. Have fun, ya'll!






7 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

The pictures are great. Glad everyone is doing well. You must consider not leaving your job during a recession. You know the reasons why. We really miss you when you don't comment on your blog. We like getting to cheer you up when work sucks or your state is on fire. Think of your other family of friends. The kids are getting so big..

January 09, 2009 3:30 PM  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

So glad you updated, Callie! Love the pictures!!!

I miss you when you don't update even every-now-and-then so do keep popping in! Might not be interesting to YOU, but I love knowing you're around and communicating still!

Talk to you soon!

January 11, 2009 9:45 PM  
Blogger Motherdear said...

Let me get this straight - you have to travel to get to the snow??

HA! Pikers!!!! ;-D

We've had a ton this year, and it's cold as a witch's belly.

How much cuter can those kids and that hubby of yours get? Every time I see a picture, I spend a half hour going "AWWWW!!" You be a lucky gal, Callie!

January 13, 2009 5:52 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Glad to see you are still around and still employed. I love the pics. I wish I was up in the snow with you guys. Might be a little closer soon, as a possible trip to Park City, UT is on the horizon.

January 14, 2009 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. i looked for dodge, and there isn't one anywhere in california. unless its near fresno.

January 16, 2009 12:50 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Glad to see you're alive and kicking- always love hearing what you're up to. I think people just enjoy hearing about the little things you do- it doesn't always have to be big stories to tell.

January 20, 2009 3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I continue to keep my eye open for updates!

Blessings to you!

January 23, 2009 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home