My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stupid Governor Arnie

Starting tomorrow, my wages will drop to $6.55 per hour, and stay at that rate until the damned California government can pass a budget. Which, by the way, is not expected for weeks.

If that bastard actually signs the executive order, and makes the Controller comply (which the Controller has point blank said he won't comply with), and I get my August paid in minimum wage, you had better believe I and the rest of the State work force is going to be sueing the lovely state we live in.

8 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Oh, holy hell! Good luck.

July 31, 2008 6:19 AM  
Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Wow, yet more reasons why I am glad I don't live in sunny CA.

July 31, 2008 6:44 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Ew. Just ew.

Minimum wage here is soon going up to $10/hr. ...but of course, we're taxed at a higher rate. So you still probably win.

July 31, 2008 7:56 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

That's the rub here. The State of California minimum wage is over $8.00 per hour. However, the guv's reducing all of our pay to the FEDERAL minimum wage.

Naturally, some credit unions and banks in the area have offered to help us out . . . at a price. They're offering low cost loans.

Yeah, that's just what I need. I'm so pissed right now, it's not even funny.

July 31, 2008 8:49 AM  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

OMG. That's the most outlandish thing I've ever heard! That can HAPPEN? WTF?!

I'm shocked and mad on your behalf. No one can live on $6.55/hr. That's just ridiculous.

Want me to write some angry letters? I'm going to end each letter with, " I'll be back." ... and then I will be back, with the next angry letter. TAKE THAT, AH'NOLD!

August 01, 2008 8:13 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Wow. That is utterly horrid. I'll write a letter too.

August 01, 2008 9:19 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I am so amazed that you put the people in office who did this to you. What should happen is what they do to us as Fed. Contractors. If we don't get the bill signed we are all let go....no minimum wage, just unemployment when we meet the requirements...So count your hours and ask for back pay...no free ride.

August 01, 2008 1:36 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Do it! Sue their arses! That's unbelievable.

August 05, 2008 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home