My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The warranty was up

Hello fellow bloggers!

I suppose I'll try to blog a little more frequently, but I'm not making any promises.

The family and I have been keeping ourselves busy for the past month. Summer vacation started, I began my new job, Lowk had surgery.

What? I didn't tell you about my dear hubby's surgery? Well, let me fill you in. Sit down and get comfy. Ready to get started? Okay - here goes.

About two months ago, hubby went to the doc (finally) about some awful pain in his shoulder. Due to the fact that family docs can do NOTHING anymore, he referred him, and then the referring doc had to run all kinds of tests, blah blah blah.

Turns out, he had a torn rotator cuff. Not only was it torn, it was torn in three different places. Seems hubby had some old injuries on his shoulder from his youthful heyday. The repairs they made WAY BACK THEN had worn out, and he needed the repairs updated. Yay. So, doc told hubby that he'd have to go in for surgery.

Hubby and I talked about it, and decided we'd wait to see what happened with his job. The position he had was a temporary position, but it had the chance to be made permanent after the contract was up. Well, a few days later, the idiot company decided not to hire hubby full time, so we scheduled the surgery. And I'm so very glad the company turned out to be idiots. I hated him working there.

The last week of June, hubby went in for outpatient surgery. They made 4 incisions, and used some kind of dissolving screws to patch him up. Long story short, he's supposed to be on Disability for anywhere from 2 to 4 months. Perfect timing! Kidlet is out for the summer, and had begged me not to send her to summer camp. Now, she has the fantastic job of taking care of Daddy for the rest of her break. Isn't she lucky????

Actually, as is par for the course, he's healing up just fine. He can't lift his right arm very far, but that hasn't stopped him from thinking he's completely invincible, and doing silly things like mowing the lawn one week after surgery. He's also made a few batches of homemade salsa, and a few dozen enchiladas. I have a feeling I'm going to get very fat this summer.

My job seems to be going very well. I think I'm learning quickly, and I really like the ladies I work with. I'm still working for my old boss, earning some overtime. In fact, I'm supposed to be working right now. *sigh* I should probably get on it. Bleh.

Hope all my US friends had a fantastic 4th of July!

7 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Awww surgery sucks! Give your hubby an extra big and special hug for me, k?

July 07, 2008 6:08 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Don't be stingy with the Percocets.

July 08, 2008 7:06 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Well, from the sounds of it, I think he should be doing acrobatics again in a few days. And doing enchiladas at the same time!

July 08, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Penny - I'll make sure to let him know that hug was from you. That'll get him all excited.

Limpy - I already stole some of his pain killers. They did nothing for me. Damn.

Bettina - I know! The man does not know how to sit still. Thinks he's Superman . . .

:-D

July 08, 2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Callie, you're supposed to drink with the painkillers. It makes them that much better...not that I would know. I heard it from a friend.

July 08, 2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Larry - he does. Frequently. :-P

July 09, 2008 8:53 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

"He's also made a few batches of homemade salsa, and a few dozen enchiladas"

Waaa? Send him over!

July 10, 2008 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home