My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Drive By Post

Just wanted to thank everyone for the b-day wishes. I had a very nice day. Boss told me I got half a day off for my birthday, as well. Woot! Went home early, and had about three hours of nice quietness before the herd came home.

I will NOT be posting a picture of the clothes mom got for me. Mainly because I already returned them and purchased something I will actually wear. But I had the colors/clothes mixed up. The pants were beige with shells along the hem (they were supposed to be capri pants, but actually came to just above my ankles, and looked like highwaters), and the shirt was this pinkish/coral color. It was a short-sleeved sweater with flowers across the chest. In other words - two items I would never wear in a million years. I returned them and got a pair of silver/grey capri slacks (without shells), and two shirts - one black sweater and one black and white blouse, as well as two pairs of shoes.

Hope all the moms had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I must get back to work now. I have three weeks until I leave, and a TON of work yet to finish.

6 Comments:

Blogger cathouse teri said...

And miiiiiiiiiiiles to go before you sleep! :)

May 13, 2008 9:55 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Hooray! Where ya goin??

gotta love the mom gifts... there almost as good as the grandma gifts... but I'm glad I still have her around to get them. I keep holding on to the stuff too - guilt ridden.

May 13, 2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Will be gone for awhile but will check in when I can...

May 13, 2008 5:54 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

arent the clothes your parents buy for you the worst???

May 14, 2008 1:50 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

But you really should have put up pictures of the clothes.

May 15, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger duff said...

i feel so out of the loop.

hope you had a fantastic birthday. :) a half day off is hard to beat.......

May 18, 2008 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home