My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yeah, I'm not that subtle

We agreed sometime last week to allow Kidlet to have a friend stay over this weekend.

Yesterday, Hubby informed me he would be working both days this weekend.

Which means I'm in charge of trying to keep girls happy, AND trying to keep them quiet enough so Hubby doesn't hear them when he's trying to sleep at impossibly early hours because he has to go to work in the morning.

I was NOT happy.

And to let him know it, I sorta, kinda, picked fights with him when he got home from work today. On top of that, I pointedly put all the clothes away, except for his, which I threw into a laundry basket. Then, I glared at him as I was picking up all the other clothes and putting them away.

Hubby informed me while I was cooking dinner that he wasn't going to be working both days of the weekend anymore, unless there was an emergency.

I'm so glad he figured it out . . .

10 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

As all husbands know...When Momma isn't happy, nobody is happy!

April 13, 2008 5:58 PM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Wow, that works? You're good! Or he is. Okay, you're both good!

So can I assume that to say to him, "Honey, you and I both agreed to let kidlet have a girl party this weekend. I don't think it's really fair of you to bail on me," would not have been ineffective?

April 14, 2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

By the way, I'm not kidding or being a smartass in asking that. I really want to know. The way couples communicate (or don't communicate) is of the utmost interest to me. Having been in a very bad marriage for 18 years (where communication was quite ineffective, both the type you cited above and the type I cited) and having observed so many bad marriages, I am determined to find some answers. From the real troops that are out there doing it.

I mean, I gave up and pitched it.
I need to hear from you all who still believe.

April 14, 2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

(Not to mention my typo ~ effective vs ineffective ~ in the first comment ~ perhaps I need sleep?)

April 14, 2008 5:39 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

SuBtle.

April 15, 2008 8:21 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yeah, see Teri - my communication skills are bad. And I mean BAD BAD. Poor Hubby has to figure out by my less than subtle clues how I'm feeling. If I had to talk about my feelings, I'd never speak.

Not that it's not difficult to figure me out. My own boss told me everyone can just read my face. When it comes to reading emotions on me, I'm essentially a Dick and Jane book.

April 15, 2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Sounds like your communication skills are good. If both people area reading each other, that is what matters. There are no general rules. Well maybe there are some. But we won't go into that here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, eh?

April 16, 2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

You....BITCH! OMG, you guys are SO good together. This is me smiling HUGE.

April 16, 2008 9:20 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

See, I'm one of those people that would have gotten the hint, but not taken the hint. I don't like hints. It did take me a long time to learn how to effectively communicate, myself. Probably one of the reasons I am divorced.

However, like everyone else said. It works for you guys and that is what counts.

April 17, 2008 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggle snort snort*

cali pitched a fit!

poor hubby. :P

trix. :D

April 26, 2008 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home