My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm not back from my break yet . . .

. . . however, I have a little extra time that's been forced upon me.

Honestly, I think I'm a jinx to all computer systems.

First, at my new job, I was having issues logging in. Almost every day for two weeks, the computer refused to recognize my password, and I'd have to contact the help desk and get them to reset it.

Then, at my old job (for whom I'm still working through the end of this month on an overtime basis), their IT branch brought the Web based e-mail server down over the weekend to install some updates (or some such IT hocus pocus). It was supposed to be back up Sunday night. It's now Wednesday, and it's still down. Which means I'm still down. I can't access any of the quotes I had various companies e-mail me last week. I have two contracts I can work on, but after I get them done, that's pretty much it until the Webmail comes back online.

Now, today, at my new job again, our M-drive is gone. It was there yesterday. The M drive is where all the work for our unit is. Everything. Our templates, our downloads, our reports. Pffffft. All gone.

So, we're just sitting here. I don't really want to do work for my other agency at my new job. But if IT can't find the M drive soon, I may have to.

UPDATE: Boss came and told me IT found our drive. I can get back to work!

Wait - why am I happy about this????? I must be sick.

Have a good day, ya'll!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Gotta love computer problems- they drive me insane! I once had a job where it took IT about a months to get my various passwords sorted out. It was insane. I kept on having to ask my colleagues to log in for me and if I went for a coffee break, I would be logged out again. So I can understand you're happy about being able to work again. Crazy as it sounds.

June 18, 2008 12:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Computers! Who can understand them?

Congrats on your new job!

June 23, 2008 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home