My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stupidest Campaign Survey EVER

It's campaign season again. It seems we have to suffer through this every year. The ads on TV. The ads on radion. The incessant calls from campaign drives to sway your vote one way or the other.

I was cooking dinner the other night, when I received a phone call. I picked up the phone.

ME: Hello?
Automated Campaign Survey Voice (ACSV): We would like to ask you a quick two question survey.
ME: (thinking) *oh yippee*
ACSV: Have you heard of or do you know about Ballot Initiative E1? Press 1 for Yes, 2 for No.
ME: *press 2*
ACSV: Would you be willing to vote in favor of Ballot Initiative E1? Press 1 for Yes, 2 for No.
ME: You are SO fucking stupid. *click*

I mean, honestly!! I very distinctly pressed '2' for 'no'. If I don't know about the stupid ballot initiative, how am I going to know if I'd be willing to vote yes or no on it?? And we wonder why politics has gone to hell in a handbasket.

5 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

If this upset you Press 1 for yes
or Press 2 for No, or you can press 3 thru 9 just for fun...

September 30, 2006 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow we ended up on a call list for Michigan. We get a few automated calls a year asking us what we think about Mighigan's governor and congressmen.

September 30, 2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

uggghh
i've been through stupid surverys like that before.
they make me wanna not have a phone.

September 30, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Welcome Ashley!

Mystic - how about I just beat the phone with a baseball bat, and never have to worry about those annoying calls again.

Joe - you should tell them that they're the worst people in the world, and need to be taken out of office.

October 01, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

WORKS FOR ME LUV.....

October 02, 2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home