My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Year Schmear. It's not like I'm in any hurry . . .

One year ago, hubby and I went to the State Fair and while we were there, purchased a hot tub to go with our brand spanking new pool. It was delivered sometime in October of last year.

Tomorrow at 9:00 AM (or thereabouts) we are finally going to have an electrician come over and wire it up for us.

Yep - we could afford the hot tub but not the damn electrician. Thank God the insurance company found that mistake the dentist made, and refunded me my money, or we'd still be waiting.

God, I love being trailer trash in the middle of suburbia . . .

17 Comments:

Blogger lowk said...

Tell the truth callie. We procrastinate like no other.

August 15, 2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm very jealous. I want a hot tub, but I'm broke right now. We have the perfect spot to put one too.

August 15, 2006 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely sympathize with procrastinators. We should form a club.

Someday.

August 15, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I thought your pool was your hot tub?? Or was that your warm bath?

August 15, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

During the heat wave, our pool WAS the hot tub. However, now that the weather is back to being nice, the pool is a nice 80 degrees, and our hot tub is bubbling away.

Yay!

August 15, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I can't wait till I get to spend time in your hot tub!

August 15, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Oooh a hot tub. Is it fenced in for privacy? Or do we get to shock the neighbours?

August 15, 2006 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you have a couple of missing tooth in exchange for an electrician? that's just awesome!

trix. :P

August 16, 2006 3:40 AM  
Blogger lowk said...

Callie, do you think we could shock the nieghbors anymore than we already have???

August 16, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger Dirty Bunny said...

It's not often an insurance company finds an error in your favor. Bonus.

August 16, 2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

I'm all for shocking the neighbors. That's like a bona fide sport around our house.

August 16, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

You will only shock the neighbors if the electrician didn't wire it correctly....and what are they doing in your hot tub anyway?

August 16, 2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

YAY for you! Hot tubs rule.

August 16, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Callie, P-Shag and Dani in a hot tub? As close to heaven as I'll ever get. Has anyone set a date?

August 17, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I want to help shock the nieghbors!

August 17, 2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! It’s great to find folks who procrastinate as much as I procrastinate. One time… I’ll finish the story later.

August 21, 2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

ROAD TRIP!

August 23, 2006 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home