My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, July 14, 2006

new post

I know I haven't posted in awhile. It's not that I don't want to, there's just nothing that has happened that makes me want to post. Things are going well. Kids are doing the summer cold thing at the moment, but they're on the mend. Hubby's been engrossed in re-building his motorcycle. As long as I smile and nod my head when he gets into his techno-jargon, we're okay.

On the job front, my boss is leaving. Wah!! I kinda figured this was coming. He's been taking alot of time off, and he had mentioned a few months ago about wanting to get in with the federal government. It wasn't really a shock. It just sucks, though. We had our personal differences, but he was a good boss. He's one of those bosses who really doesn't WANT to be a boss, so he treats you (usually) like an equal. Now, who knows what we're gonna get? Boss-types that I've encountered in this establishment usually have that better-than-you quality about them, like they're always looking down their nose at you. I haven't encountered that so much at this job. There's about 15 managers in my office, and only a couple of them have the nose-in-the-air 'tude. The rest are really cool and approachable. However, we won't be lucky enough to get one of the other managers. None of the managers would have any reason at all to leave one team for another. So, we'll either get a promoted analyst as a new manager, or someone transferring into the department without any previous contract experience. Oh joy. Either way, we're going to have to get someone who needs to prove themselves for the next year until their probation is over. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I'm taking Friday and Monday off to be with the babies.

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Finally! I thought perhaps you were on vacay or something.

I take it there is no chance that you would be promoted, or doesn't it work that way?

My husband rebuilds old muscle cars so I have the "nod and smile" down to a science ;)

July 14, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Glad you posted!

Getting a new boss sucks ass. Been there, done that. Especially when it's someone being promoted and they get the "inflated ego" syndrome. Ugh. I feel for ya.

July 14, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

There is a very very slight teensy weensie chance that I could get promoted. Basically, all of the Associate analysts who've been there forever and know contracts inside and out have to leave for greener pastures. Then, I'd be the only one with contract experience applying for the job, and since I've actually been covering my boss for the last 4 months, it would look great for me.

However, I firmly believe they will not promote someone who refuses to wear shoes. Even if it IS California.

July 14, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Maybe you could just wear shoes until you get the promotion?

July 15, 2006 2:40 AM  
Blogger Kal said...

Hmmm.... Maybe you could move to West Virginia. Then the no-shoes thing wouldn't be a problem.

July 15, 2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A new boss can bring noew opportunities--or new troubles. I hope this one brings you the former.

July 15, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Dirty Bunny said...

Where I work, we're consantly being disappointed by management leaving. You just get used to someone and adjust to their personality, and then they get whisked away. It's such a bummer.

Btw, I do the same thing to Joe when he talks computer stuff. I pick out key words incase he quizzes me. Blah blah blah blah motherboard...blah blah blah...power supply.

July 17, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

"Blah blah blah blah motherboard...blah blah blah...power supply"

LOL. Good one.

July 19, 2006 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home