My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Monday, July 24, 2006

My Baby!!!

Caution: if you hate dealing with proud mommies, read no further!!!


My baby - my four year old baby - has mastered
swimming! Since we got the pool, she has been allowed no further than the margarita step unless she had on her life jacket. When we'd suggest she try to swim to us without said jacket, she would freak. Nope - wanted NOTHING to do with that. Until last week. Off came the jacket, and voila!! She could swim fine without it.
We still won't let her swim without her lifejacket unless we're there with her. But I'm finding I'm doing alot more SWIMMING now that she can swim, and alot less dragging the kid from place to place, just praying for one single solitary lap before we prune beyond belief.

In other news, we're heading for record-breaking heat. We tied the previous record for number of straight days over 100 degrees, and we will break that record tomorrow, as it is forecasted to be about 108 degrees. And it's not doing the 101 or 102. Noooooo. This weekend, we saw 110 and 112 on Saturday and Sunday. Our pool is now a huge bathtub. The only releif we get is when the temperature gets to be around 95 degrees, and we get in the pool only because we'll feel cooler when we get out. I know it doesn't make sense, but there you have it.





15 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Nothing MD - I just hit "enter" before I typed, and it posted. Grrrr.

There was also another 4 pictures I wanted to post, but of Kidlet. But would Blogger let me?? Noooo. Stupid Blogger.

July 24, 2006 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 y/o and swimming like a pro? That's awesome. Miles started really swimming at around that age. Now at age 6 he swims faster than me. Which isn't any great feat. My swimming is sometimes said to resemble a retarded seal begging for fish.

Blogger licks me where I pee.

July 24, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

Kid takes her athletic skills from my side of the family.

July 24, 2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

It is the best feeling when you see them swim...One of those parental fears put to rest...WELL DONE...
As for what side of the family is to gain credit...LOWK you can iron that out with Calli...

July 25, 2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

That is too precious. She looks adorable! I'm super jealous of your pool. And that whole getting out to cool off thing makes total sense.

July 25, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yeah babe - just hope she doesn't get her intelligence from your side of the family.

July 25, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

SHE SWIMS!!!! YES!!!

July 25, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

OR their coordination from your side.

July 25, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

You realize, of course, that she's already perfect, so she must have received the best from both sides.

;-)

July 26, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

So happy to hear Munchkin swims. :D

She's such a cutie!!! I sure do miss seeing your girls.

July 26, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Dirty Bunny said...

That's awesome! I bet she's proud. Kid's rock.

July 26, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

You can't be talking about our kid! The that is demanding and bossy and rude. Oh wait. That sounds like our family. (your side) :p

July 26, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

What "Gene Pool" have these girls been swimming in...Will Calli's or LOWK's be the dominate Gene.
Athletic, Intelligent, Coordinated, Perfect, Demanding, Bossy, Rude...Hmmmm! Sounds like a Republican to me...

July 27, 2006 4:55 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

AWESOME. REALLY. I remember how proud our mom was when we mastered swimming. I don't have kids, but my heart is filled for you!

July 27, 2006 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just exctied to see you finally have your pool in!! I remember when you didn't even have grass!! That is so awesmoe!! And what a nice hot summer to have one!!

Munchkin looks great swimming in her pool! (and I say "her" pool, cuz I am sure she would agree with me if I asked her who's pool it is!! LOL)

August 07, 2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home