My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

What a week it's been!

Work is . . . still there. That's about the best thing I can say about it right now.

On the home front *pause for effect* SCHOOL'S BACK IN SESSION!!!!!!!!!!

*happy dance*

I mean - I love my oldest daughter. And the lady who babysits her is an old friend, and is the only person I trust with my children. But now that school's back, I only pay $45 per month, as opposed to $100 per week. YES!

Now, all I have to do is wait another year, and the youngest will be in regular school, and hubby and I will get a big fat raise.

This past weekend, we went to the State Fair. Our yearly excursion cost way too much money for lots of junk food and midway rides, but we had so much fun. Take a look!












After a full day at the fair, some of us were really tired.








The next day was Kidlet's 11th birthday. Naturally, we celebrated. Hubby took her to get her hair trimmed up before school. My mom bought her a video game, some clothes, and a cd. We got her a few cds, a movie, and some girly stuff (bath smellies, make-up, etc). Here's my gorgeous girl . . .




Well, I had more I wanted to say, but Munchkin is getting beligerent over here, wondering when I'm going to be done so I can give her a bath.

Have a happy Friday everyone!

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Great shots!! They are so cute. I must agree about school being back in, I too am saving money. Once my 3 year old starts school I'll be sitting on $400 extra dollars/month. Of course that's still two years away :(

August 25, 2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

MD - thank you!!! I think my babies are absolutely beautiful.

Nonny - I'm so there with you. I cannot wait until Munchkin gets in school. She's costing me over $400 per month. Yikes!

August 25, 2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

The hair cut is so cute..
Glad you are all enjoying the school thingy...wait till they go off to college...
Wishing everyone a great weekend...AFTER the homework is done.
The pics are great...looks like fun

August 25, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

AWESOME pictures! Fairs are soooo much fun, and the food is always fantastic. Glad you had a good time!

August 25, 2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger lowk said...

MD, I've been on wilder rides than a roller coaster, (starting with callie) I dont get sick on rides.

Callie, you know where the kids get their additude from. They are their mothers daughters.

August 25, 2006 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kidlet let you cut ALL of her hair off??? wow. i'm amazed...normally they'd have a kitty meltdown if more than an inch is cut off. tell her she's very cute with the new do! it fits her, and makes her look very grown up. :D

trix.

August 25, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

So adorable! I can't believe how old kidlet is! You definitely have one GOOD LOOKIN family!

August 25, 2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

I ain't birthin no more babies.

Trix - it was her idea, not ours. I miss my baby's curls, but not the hassle of brushing her hair every morning. I just love the way it makes her eyes stand out.

Mystic - don't push it. I'm still getting used to the middle school concept.

Lady K - it's going to take about three weeks to counter-act all the bad food I ate there. But I think it was worth it. So yummy.

Dani - thank you!!!!!

Lowkie-babe - just wait till you get home tonight. ;-)

August 26, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope school has become a routine by now.

August 26, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

"They are their mothers daughters." - LOL.

August 27, 2006 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home