My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Friday, January 06, 2006

I hate this . . .

I had a dream about an old friend of mine from Jr. High the other night. In the dream, I knew her whole name. When I woke up, I remembered the dream, and thought - wow, I'm going to have to try to look her up. I got to work, and got online to do said task, and I couldn't remember her last name. I remember her first name. But not her last.

Grrrr.

No problem. I was going to go home last night and look her up in my old yearbook, and then look her up online today. Well, things got a little busy, and I never got a chance to look her up. But, as I was drifting off to sleep last night, I remembered her name. Great! I won't forget this time.

Guess what? I can't remember her last name again. Her first name is Amber. I know her last name has one of those weird Mexican N's in it with the little ~ over the top. I remember this because we had one of our two arguments over that stupid N.

Why is it I can remember the damn name when I'm asleep, but can't for the life of me remember it when I'm awake and can actually look her up???!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I'm first comment all over blogland today. Lots of talk about dreams today too. I wish I could help or even relate. I haven't been able to remember any dream for going on 15 years. Could her last name have been Pena? With the little sguiggly obviously, I'm just not talented enough to put it in :)

January 06, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Callie you need to put a pad of paper near the bed and wake up and write it down.
I do the same thing now keep paper near by.

January 06, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

Mexican N's? ~? Hehehehe... 'Cause you know that only Mexicans do that to N's... It couldn't possibly be the Spanish.

You probably think people in Spain speak Mexican, don't you?

January 06, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

Nu~ez?
Mu~iz?
Pe~a?
Sanchez?

January 06, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

You have been Tagged

January 07, 2006 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post-its.

trix. :P

January 07, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yes Labbie - but she was, in fact, Mexican. Therefore, the MEXICAN N. It would be the same if I had a German friend with one of those funny O's. Even though I'm sure other languages use the funny O's, if my friend was German, it would be a German O.

:-P

And the name was nowhere near as easy as that. If it was, I wouldn't be having these issues.

And I looked her up in my 7th grade yearbook. Yay!!! I can try to look up the family later to see if any of them are still around.

And I really should keep a notepad beside my bed. I can remember dreams for about the first 20 minutes after I wake up. After that, it goes all foggy.

January 07, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

ANd I only ask because I'm sure you'd know this... What's a "Dirty Sanchez"?

January 07, 2006 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, this Ñ? it is funny to see words written with Ñ when they go with Ñ.

BTW, Sanchez doens't have Ñ ;-)

In Catalan (I'm not sure if other language has it) we also have this: Ç :p. It sounds like a double S.

Eve

January 08, 2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Labbie - I had to look it up. That. was. disgusting. Figures you'd know about it.

Eve!!! (((HUGS))) I didn't know Catalan had the funky C. French was the only language I knew that used that. Then again, I make it a priority to avoid foreign language knowledge, because I (unlike you) pretty much SUCK at languages.

January 09, 2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home