My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yes, we are insane

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this year. We certainly did! Santa was very nice to me, and I received clothes, and jewlery, and a jewlery box, and just so much cool stuff my brain can't possibly comprehend it all right now.

The kids, as usual, made out like bandits. They get spoiled rotten at Christmas. Actually, I should clarify this - Hubby spoils them rotten at Christmas. (He also spoils me too!!!!) This year being no exception, we decided on a "musical" holiday. We've heard and read all the reports that state children who learn music tend to do better in school (particularly in Math). Well, Kidlet asked for a guitar. But not a regular ordinary guitar. Nope. Kidlet, my beautiful 10-year-old child, asked Santa for an electric guitar. Guess what? She got it. (Santa knows we like to spoil the babies, too). So, not wanting to leave Munchkin out of the whole musical experience, and considering the fact that she's fantastic at certain things (namely beating the crap out of her older sister), we decided to get her a set of drums.

You heard me right.

Drums

So, ever since Sunday morning, we've had our ears assulted with the melodious sounds of electric guitar (as played by a 10-year-old who doesn't know how to play guitar) and the BAM! BAM! BAM! of a 3-year-old who's amazingly good for a 3-year-old on a 3-drum and cymbol set. (At least it gave her something besides her sister to beat on)

So, if you happen to call our home, and we don't answer, don't worry. We just can't hear the phone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

No lessons. Hubby knows how to play a little guitar, and I figure I'll go get a starter book for Kidlet, with some easy songs and chord progressions.

With Munchkin, we'll just let her pound herself silly. Eventually, if she really likes it, we'll get her into some lessons. I always wanted to play drums when I was a kid (still do as a matter of fact!).

:-)

December 28, 2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I agree with MD...Lotsa of Cotton. Glad to hear that your Christmas was filled with cheer. Just ask Lowk how he wrapped a guitar and drums without giving it away? I figure in about a week the fun will wear off the attraction of the noise makers...Great Gift though if they keep at it...

December 28, 2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

How cute are you? Seriously. I'm always looking for fellow 30ish bloggers. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who spoils the little ones. I wasn't brave enough to get the drum set, though I did think about it for about half a second :) Is your avatar a picture of you as a baby or one of your kids?

December 28, 2005 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

craziness..DRUMS of all things! just one more reason for your neighbors to roll their eyes at you. ;)

well, glad you got spoiled by hubby... i hope you spoiled him too. :P

trix.

December 28, 2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Been there. #1 son played guitar; #2 son played sax and drums. We put the drums in the basement. It didn’t help. May I suggest you invest in some earplugs?

December 28, 2005 12:11 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Oh - I ALWAYS spoil hubby, trix! Just ask him. He'll agree with me (if he knows what's good for him, that is). LOL And yes - the neighbors think I'm insane. But that's okay. My kids will love me even when they're grown up.

Welcome Nonny! If you keep clicking on the picture, you will be able to see the datestamp - October 1969. Which makes the cute kid ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!

If you go to my hubby's site (Lowk), you can see pics of the whole family.

December 28, 2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Nick - I'll probably just join in the ruckus. I love lots of noise (except when I'm watching one of my trashy shows, that is).

Bad mommy! Bad! Bad!

December 28, 2005 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home