My Photo
Name:
Location: Wheatland, California, United States

I'm a mom. I'm a civil servant. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Housekeeping and a Tag

First - a little housekeeping:

If you look over at my blogroll, I have added a few new names. Bozette, Lady Hearteater, and Nonny are all new friends, and I would like to say HI!!!!

And since I mentioned Nonny - WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU???? I tried her link this morning, but it comes up with the dreaded No Such Person type URL thingy. So - Nonny, if you're reading, come back!

Also - I have sort of located my friend of whom I spoke in my last post. Classmates is frickin fantastic for stuff like that. So . . . if all goes well, I will hopefully be able to get in touch with her *crosses fingers*. Thanks to all for your help.

Now - my bad habits. Bozette tagged me for this.

1. I don't usually link in my posts. I know how, but I'm entirely too lazy to go into the html code to do it. I figure if you're reading my blog, you've most likely seen the person, and you can go to their blog all on your own.

2. I'm a very odd driver. Normally, I drive like a maniac - and I'm working on that. I drive very fast in most cases. Like Bozette, if you're in the fast lane and doing the speed limit or under, I will be very upset with you. However, as soon as it gets dark, I drive very cautiously. I have problems seeing at night, and if I can't see, I'm the turtle woman.

3. My car is a mess. I spend about 3 hours a day in my car, and it shows. I also usually have the kids with me, and the back of my car becomes one huge waste basket. Lowk HATES my car. He spends the same amount of time driving, but his trick is immaculate. I'm not that anal. I will clean my car eventually. Until then - piss off.

4. I spend entirely too much time on the internet. Even at work. I'm working on it, but it's addicting.

5. I go barefoot almost all the time. I hate shoes. I even kick them off at work. I've been written up for going shoeless, and I still do it. I know one of the reasons for it is because I hate being hot, and my feet are about the warmest part of my body. So, I do everything possible to cool down. But, I also just detest having my feet all bound up. I would have probably made a good hobbit.


So, there they are. And I don't tag. I could have listed that as one of my bad habit, but I ran out of space. If you want to do it, be my guest.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those habits aren’t so “bad.”

I would think about my own bad habits, but I’m in no condition to do that at the moment.

January 07, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

ANAL!!!!!!!!! I just prefer take care of an expensive piece of property. >p

January 07, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I also have a VERY messy car, water bottles everywhere.. I am always barefoot at home, and in the summer outside as well, did you know its actually against the law to drive barefoot? pffffffffft

And clearly, I am online too much too.


Ahh well, guess we are just flawed arent we. Good thing we have great boobs hehehehe.

January 08, 2006 4:01 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Yeah, Jessica - I think that is my main saving grace. Without them, I have a feeling my neat hubby would probably disown me.

Oh - and it's not illegal here to drive barefoot!!! I had one of those driving class instructors (you know the class you take after you get a ticket so it doesn't show up on your insurance) tell us that it is NOT illegal in California to drive barefoot. It's not recommended, but it's not illegal.

January 08, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I CAN"T STAND wearing shoes.
My feet need to breathe.
I don't think your car is as bad as my friends oh my god I drive when we go somewhere. Because her car is such a mess and dirty. I'm scared I will stick to the seat and never get out.

January 09, 2006 4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cali...you're a mess.

trix. ;)

January 09, 2006 6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im the same with you on the driving. Opposite with the shoes. I'm always cold, so socks, shoes, slippers when in the house...Oh, and my car...lets just say that when the kids have to move crap to sit down, thats when it gets cleaned. I'm almost at that point now, but its cold out! No car cleaning in the winter.

January 09, 2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi, great post! Thanks for the shoutout. I sent you an email btw explaining the situation regarding my site.

January 10, 2006 4:49 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Nooooo!

Feets is beyootiful.

I loves me feets.

I happen to like feet. I like foot rubs by my hubby. I give foot rubs to my hubby. I adorn my feet with all kinds of jewelry, and will only wear flip flops for most of the year, just so I can show off my feet.

You see - where some women have to buy tons and tons of shoes, I'm the same way in reverse. I buy tons and tons of stuff to show off my bare feet. The funny thing is - Munchkin is taking after me. I cleaned out her closet this weekend, and she has more flip flops than I do. And they all fit her.

God I love my babies.

January 10, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

BAD HABITS? What we should have done was asked our significant other what our bad habits are....
Mo had a big list...I couldn't think of many...Her List of my bad habits goes back to 1964. Do you remember when??? What is it with women's minds? They can remember everything we did but can't remember where they put the car keys.

January 12, 2006 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home