Okay, fine. It's been forever since I've posted, and I can't think of a damned thing to say, so I'll do as many of these as I can think of.
1. I hate cooked squash. I can handle it raw, but I hate everything about cooked squash. The texture, the smell, the taste. Blech.
2. Salad is about my favorite food.
3. As Kal put it . . . "I'm a pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-environment Republican... Yeah, sometimes I don't know why either..." That just about covers it.
4. I love Country music.
5. I've had grey hair since I was 17.
6. I've been dying my hair since I was about 15.
7. I only had one "real" boyfriend before I met my husband.
8. Aforementioned boyfriend is/was/always-shall-be a complete ass.
9. Note: number 7 mentions NOTHING about sexual conquests.
10. It took me 13 years to get a 4 year degree.
11. I never wanted kids until I got pregnant.
12. My parents divorced before I was 2.
13. I'm very glad about #12.
14. I think my dad is a complete moron.
15. I adore my step-mother.
16. We've invited my step-mother to live with us if she ever decides to leave my dad.
17. I'm an only child.
18. Considering the manner in which I was raised, I'm actually pretty happy about #17.
19. I'm anti-social.
20. I hate crowds.
21. Because of #20, I do most of my Xmas shopping from catalogs.
22. I'm always worried I'm going to be like my mother.
23. My mother is a miserable, depressed hypochondriac.
24. I'm already a hypochondriac. Aaack!!!
25. I met my husband in an aerobics class in college.
26. He was one of only 4 guys in the class at the beginning of the semester.
27. He was one of only 2 guys left in the class at the end of the semester.
28. The first time he proposed, he proposed in front of our aerobics class.
29. Hubby and I broke up and got back together about 3 or 4 times before we FINALLY got married.
30. I'm very selfish.
31. I have a martyr complex.
32. My all-time favorite TV shows are: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, MASH, Dick Van Dyke Show, Star Trek (original and TNG) and (currently) Heroes.
33. I'm a HUGE geek.
34. In no way does my geek-a-tude translate to technical prowress.
35. In school, I played the following instruments: clarinet, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, and viola.
36. The only ones I remember how to play is the clarinet/bass clarinet.
37. My favorite Chrismas song is "Carol of the Bells".
38. I've been in 4 car accidents.
39. All but one of those was my fault.
40. I've had about 15 speeding and/or failure to stop tickets since I got my driver's license.
41. I like driving fast.
42. I was the "monkey" in a road-racing sidecar team for about 2-1/2 years.
43. The only reason I stopped was because I got pregnant.
44. To this day, the smell of racing fuel gets me excited.
45. Not THAT kind of excited. Sickos.
46. Every time I got on the track, I felt so scared I wanted to puke.
47. I was convinced I was going to die in a race.
48. My last race, I came very close.
49. I still miss racing.
50. I prefer caramel over chocolate.
51. My favorite subject in school was Math . . . until I hit Trigonometry.
52. My favorite subject after Trigonometry was English.
53. My favorite teacher of all time was my English teacher from 7th through 9th grade - Miss Krumenacher.
54. She once confisgated a Playgirl magazine from me and my friends during class, and sat up at the front of the class, and laughed at the absurdity of the articles.
55. We got our magazine back after school, with a stern warning not to bring such material to class again.
56. She introduced me to my love of Shakespearean, and ancient Greek and Roman liturature.
57. To this day, I can recite Act 1, Scene 1 of Antigone.
58. I have always been attracted to more ethnic-looking men.
59. I think this is because my mother is extremely prejudiced.
60. My mother told me (repeatedly) that I could date anyone I wanted, as long as I didn't date a black man.
61. I once dated a black man just to spite my mother.
62. I really liked him.
63. . . . until the first time he wanted to kiss me was when I was dressesd as a man for Halloween, and he said he'd never kissed a guy before, and wanted to know what it felt like.
64. I never talked to him again. Twerp.
65. I love wine.
66. However, I get buzzed faster off of wine than any other alcohol.
67. One of my favorite wines that I can get without too much hassle is Fetzer Gewurztraminer.
68. I just had to look up how to spell that damned thing.
69. I have had 2.5 glasses of it so far this evening.
70. My favorite wine that I cannot get is Piesporter Goldtropfchen.
71. I keep trying to deny my miniscule German heritage, but it keeps coming back and biting me in the butt in the strangest places.
72. I'm 3/4 Italian, 1/4 German.
73. I'm great in a kitchen, but lousy in a fight.
74. I would much rather admit that I'm wrong, even when I'm not, than fight.
75. When I'm emotional, I cannot think clearly.
76. I despise being emotional.
77. I love being surprised at Christmas.
78. I've overcome addiction to methamphetamine.
79. The only way I was able to was to completely disassociate with everyone I knew who did it.
80. I love Christmas.
81. But my favorite holiday is Halloween.
82. I suck at interviews.
83. I think the reason I suck at interviews is because when I get nervous, I get goofy.
84. Interviewers rarely appreciate my sense of humor . . .
85. I actually like my job.
86. I never thought I would.
87. I avoided interviewing with Contracts because I thought I would hate it.
88. However, I find I'm more anal retentive than I ever thought I was.
89. That's a very scary thought.
90. I 'typically' do not trust men.
91. I have a very good reason for #90.
92. I know within the first few seconds of meeting someone whether or not I'll like them.
93. My first impressions are almost always right.
94. I've only been wrong on my first impression once.
95. I'll feel guilty about that one wrong first impression until the day I die.
96. I'm an avid over-achiever.
97. I graduated with honors from college.
98. I became lead analyst at my job within 6 months of getting a job there, over analysts who'd been there for five years or more.
99. I have very few real life friends.
100. Even though I'm a huge flirt, I'm extremely shy sexually.
Wow! I did it!!! A little more honest than I ever thought I'd be, but who cares? I'll regret it tomorrow, after the wine wears off.